True value 04 cobra

Jay rich

Established Member
Hey guys, long time subscriber, never an owner.

I'm looking at down trading my 2000 viper GTS and I have a serious trade off plus cash for a 2004 cobra. I'm trying to see what real values are, since local to me there is almost zero for sale. I've always appreciated the 03/04. Maybe I'd keep it, however likely come spring I would offload it. I know we are coming down from a pretty inflated marked, but I've never really kept my eyes on cobras l, just vettes and vipers.

He is valuing it around 35k canadian in our trade.

Is there any specific issues with these cars that are common? I still need to run the vin, said clean and clear title. I feel I'm safe to think it's not a clone, or somone spent way too much time changing everything lol

2004 Cobra
Originally an AZ car, but in canada
30,000 miles
Basically stock, borla, lowering springs and an intake
(Comes with the stock steering wheel)

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_082509_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_082509_Facebook.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20231117_082518_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_082518_Facebook.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20231117_082505_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_082505_Facebook.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20231117_082500_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_082500_Facebook.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20231117_082455_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_082455_Facebook.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 97

zstanny

Hey guys, long time subscriber, never an owner.

I'm looking at down trading my 2000 viper GTS and I have a serious trade off plus cash for a 2004 cobra. I'm trying to see what real values are, since local to me there is almost zero for sale. I've always appreciated the 03/04. Maybe I'd keep it, however likely come spring I would offload it. I know we are coming down from a pretty inflated marked, but I've never really kept my eyes on cobras l, just vettes and vipers.

He is valuing it around 35k canadian in our trade.

Is there any specific issues with these cars that are common? I still need to run the vin, said clean and clear title. I feel I'm safe to think it's not a clone, or somone spent way too much time changing everything lol

2004 Cobra
Originally an AZ car, but in canada
30,000 miles
Basically stock, borla, lowering springs and an intake
(Comes with the stock steering wheel)

Thanks for any input!
If you pull the vin and carfax and it's clean...that's a steal. At least from what I've seen over the past month.

Edit: There are cars within 500 miles of me, with more miles on them, listed for 35K US.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I'm more curious *why* he changed the steering wheel... maybe it had an airbag issue and he swapped the wheel instead of fixing the problem? I don't know how common that is on the SN95's but on foxbody cars it happens a lot.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
It's probably a 35k us car. You may see some listed for more but what they actually sell for will most likely be lower.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you’ll enjoy the Cobra, especially if it’s pullied. 35k seems fair, however the steering wheel swap baffles me.
Have you driven, taken a ride in a Terminator?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
However likely come spring I would offload it.

Thanks for any input!

This makes no sense to me. You're going to buy a performance car in November (during the Canadian winter) and then as soon as all the snow melts, and it's time to really have fun, you're going to sell it?

I mean, unless your intention is to flip it???

Oh well, your car, your money, your decision.

I personally like the steering wheel. Looks cool and it's different. That's why I prefer the 1987-1989 Mustang over the 1990-1993 Mustangs. The earlier models didn't have the airbag steering wheel and I prefer the design of the steering wheel on the earlier models as well.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
This makes no sense to me. You're going to buy a performance car in November (during the Canadian winter) and then as soon as all the snow melts, and it's time to really have fun, you're going to sell it?

My thoughts too…

Jay rich

Established Member

I personally like the steering wheel. Looks cool and it's different. That's why I prefer the 1987-1989 Mustang over the 1990-1993 Mustangs. The earlier models didn't have the airbag steering wheel and I prefer the design of the steering wheel on the earlier models as well.

My thoughts too…
I was planning to sell my car outright and take time off, I have 3 young kids, work full time days and have a side business. I drive my viper as is like 1000km a year. Most of those days to work. But there is a chance the car could stay. The viper is my dream car, I just hate seeing it sit there. This is why I want know know the values just to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot.

Jay rich

Established Member
I think you’ll enjoy the Cobra, especially if it’s pullied. 35k seems fair, however the steering wheel swap baffles me.
Have you driven, taken a ride in a Terminator?
May sound odd, I've always been a GM guy and majority of my friends are as well. I don't think I've even sat in any mustang aside from my dad's fox when I was a kid 25 years ago lol.

Always been a camaro/corvette guy until the viper

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Somewhere between 30k and 35k would be reasonable, lots of folks wanting 40+, unless it’s a Mysichome or a CO and or tastefully modded, they are just not worth more. wrapper car is worth some bigger dollars but 1) hard to find. 2) you would ruin the value by driving it.

robvas

Established Member
Sell Viper for Cobra + Cash

Use cash to build Cobra up. Whipple blah blah blah

Sell Cobra, add more cash to buy another Viper

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd keep the Viper and add the Cobra if feasible. If you're not hurting financially, there's nothing that says you can't at least keep and maintain the Viper. After all, it's a dream car as you stated. One day those young kids won't be chewing up so much of your time and I can almost garauntee you'll be snooping around for another dream car, but they'll be harder to obtain. Also, you'd have 4 seats in the Cobra so you could even take kids with you here and there if you think they'd enjoy it.

I hang onto my Cobra even though I hardly drive it (136 miles this year). Dream car when I was 17-18, but to reproduce it nowadays would be difficult and costly. You could try out the Cobra and if it's not for you, there's enough of a niche/following that you could unload it pretty easily especially given its condition. Similar situation (minus the kids), I added a C6Z to my stash this year. My all-time favorite Vette with enough overall love that I can sell it if I need/want to down the road likely without losing much if any money on it. My logic is that I enjoy the hobby and these kinds of cars are being phased out so we have to get them while we still can.

Last edited:

Jay rich

Established Member
I'd keep the Viper and add the Cobra if feasible. If you're not hurting financially, there's nothing that says you can't at least keep and maintain the Viper. After all, it's a dream car as you stated. One day those young kids won't be chewing up so much of your time and I can almost garauntee you'll be snooping around for another dream car, but they'll be harder to obtain. Also, you'd have 4 seats in the Cobra so you could even take kids with you here and there if you think they'd enjoy it.

I hang onto my Cobra even though I hardly drive it (136 miles this year). Dream car when I was 17-18, but to reproduce it nowadays would be difficult and costly. You could try out the Cobra and if it's not for you, there's enough of a niche/following that you could unload it pretty easily especially given it's condition. Similar situation (minus the kids), I added a C6Z to my stash this year. My all-time favorite Vette with enough overall love that I can sell it if I need/want to down the road likely without losing much if any money on it. My logic is that I enjoy the hobby and these kinds of cars are being phased out so we have to get them while we still can.
I know I'm going to kick myself. As a kid I always would say, why would you sell that. Now at this point in my life, I'm that guy!

Honestly half the reason for selling is not using it, the other is to pay off some bills (my daily driver) which this deal would do and some. We did a major garage build last year for my side business, as well as some big yard reno's. I can justify something of a cobras value sitting there. Hard to justify a 2 seat viper that has skyrocketed in value in the past 3 years.

Hopefully this deal goes through and I enjoy it and keep it. We shall see. The guy appears to always have a viper as well. Maybe he wants one that he wants to drive more.

Users who are viewing this thread