Trufiber/3.4 Whipple

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Does anyone know if the 3.4 whipple will fit under the Trufiber Venom hood without other modifications.And if anyone has this hood installed did you do anything to fit the ram air feature to the airbox better.Any comments or replies would be appreciated as I am prepping the hood for paint now.The hood came packaged very well with only minor-and expected blemishes.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Do you plan on lowering the k member with there kit? If so I could not see a reason it would not. Did you test fit that hood? How did fit, were you able to get the hood to line up nice with the body lines and gaps?

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Have not test fit yet and do not plan on a k-member.The Trufiber hood seems higher in the middle.Once I take care of the imperfections I will do a test fit.The hood looks excellent with thick but even edges,I feel it should fit great-If not it wont be a problem to fix as I work in a body shop.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Have not test fit yet and do not plan on a k-member.The Trufiber hood seems higher in the middle.Once I take care of the imperfections I will do a test fit.The hood looks excellent with thick but even edges,I feel it should fit great-If not it wont be a problem to fix as I work in a body shop.

Cool atleast you know then how BAD glass part can fit sometimes. Never pays to buy the cheap parts when it comes to glass body pannels, not saying you did. GL:thumbsup: Cant wait to see pics when you are done

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
If thats the hood that looks like the SuperSnake piece, the 3.4L should fit under it no problem, but your going to have to get rid of the strut tower brace (for fitment of the blower, not the hood).

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Does anyone know if the 3.4 whipple will fit under the Trufiber Venom hood without other modifications.And if anyone has this hood installed did you do anything to fit the ram air feature to the airbox better.Any comments or replies would be appreciated as I am prepping the hood for paint now.The hood came packaged very well with only minor-and expected blemishes.

This one will work.

http://www.suncoastramairhoods.com/eshop/shop/index.php?productID=428

bj

jcthorne

Established Member
The trufiber venom will clear the new blower but it does not fit over all the stock items on a gt500. It looks like they did all the prototype work on a gt, not a gt500. For instance, it will not clear the stock intercooler reservior. I installed the PA aluminum one and it still has some interference. Also has a bit of trouble near the strut towers with the bolts on a steeda upper mount. Along with the other troubles we had with the hood it was obvious the design and the manufacturing QC need a bit of work.

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Venom

The trufiber venom will clear the new blower but it does not fit over all the stock items on a gt500. It looks like they did all the prototype work on a gt, not a gt500. For instance, it will not clear the stock intercooler reservior. I installed the PA aluminum one and it still has some interference. Also has a bit of trouble near the strut towers with the bolts on a steeda upper mount. Along with the other troubles we had with the hood it was obvious the design and the manufacturing QC need a bit of work.
DAMN, I wanted to get that hood, I thought it was an extact copy of the KR.

Can the actual KR hood be purchased by GT500 owners?

jcthorne

Established Member
Nope. The TruFiber is about as good as you can get right now. Just takes work to prep and install. Hopefully it will get better.

Alloy Snake

Established Member
jcthorne,Did your true fiber hood have any fittament issues,I am still working on the pinholes in the gelcoat-I am slow getting this thing prepped since it is at my work,The pinholes showed up bigtime when I laid 2k primer on it.

Users who are viewing this thread