Trunk leak

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Have a leak in my SVT Contour's trunk for a few months, on passenger side near hinge. Anyone experience this? There's no obvious problem with the weatherstripping. Any ideas?

PhillyCobra

Established Member
FYI guys, someone on SVTOA web site suggested we can have leaks in the grommets in the spare tire well and through the air exit vents in front of the taillights. I am going to check both, as the weatherstripping seems fine.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
The vents in front of the tailights can pop out causing water to leak into the trunk. Simply push it back into place and it will solve the problem.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Need a little more clarification-- see the openings in the "mouse fur" trunk lining. Is there something behind this lining that needs popping back in? Not sure where the vent exits.

Thanks.

99toursvt

Established Member
the trunk on my sho had leaky gromets on the bottem. after a lil blue sillicone, and pressure washing the trunk liners i had a new trunk.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Pull the lining away from the side of the trunk(right behind the wheel well). You should see a black rectangle. That is the vent. It snaps into the sheetmetal. If you pull it in, it should snap back into place.

Users who are viewing this thread