tryed to datalog the car for my first time and came up to a wall

662rwtq

Established Member
Well guys i went to go and try to datalog my car for my first time and I used a cord from my old printer that runs from my xcal2 to my laptop. I plug into my OBD port and checked my connections. Than in livelink i get an automatic popup that says open device failed. So i go through check all my connections again and restart, i get the same popup so for haha's i clicked ok. Then i get another popup that states handheld device initialization failed. Another popup i had dont know what order it came in but it was please enter ECM ID what is this. Can some one help me understand this. I have looked on sctflash.com cant find no help any input guys.:shrug:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
I am about to try the same with my xcal2, but havent yet. Have you downloaded all the necessary software thats used with datalogging? Also i believe your supposed to have a wideband hooked up to your handheld as well to check your A/F ratios.

662rwtq

Established Member
yes i have downloaded livelink right now im trying to see other parameters other than a/f when i can get normal datalogging down, Then I will move up the lader and datalog with a wideband hooked up any help guys

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
alright, thats what i have downloaded as well. I havent got my tune back from amazon yet, so i havent had the chance to datalog yet. I would think it to be a problem with the software on the computer though. good luck man and let us know the outcome.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
if using an xcal 2 and a laptop download the previous version of livelink. go to the downloads page then get the older versions from the drop down menu

Live Link Data Logging Software

Application: Livewire / XCalibrator 2 / SF Flash Device
Current Version:4.30

Last edited:

662rwtq

Established Member
Can you refrash my mind on were the download link is on there page im sure it is right in front of me and i am still not seeing it

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
are you using a laptop? if so you don't need to enter that value if i'm not mistaken.

Is it communicating now?

662rwtq

Established Member
no when i lick on the 4.30 series it goes through the install and all but then when is done installing and i open it, it shows version 5.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread