Trying out Firefox.

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
So I downloaded Firefox and I'm trying it out now. What exactly is supposed to be better about Firefox over IE? Fewer Crashes? It seems to be pretty much the same, although Gifs. and smilies work now with my firewall on where as with IE they don't.

hoamskilet

Established Member
For me, pages load a lot faster and I pretty much never get any popups. IE really blows as far as i'm concerned compared to firefox.

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
firefox is much more stable, you dont have to worry about active x hacks, and you can tab web pages on the same window which is great

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Most hackers write code for IE so you are safer with FireFox. Download Adblocker and you will see another advantage when most of the ads disappear.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
I have Firefox and still cannot figure out how I am able to save a target. Been to every visible option available on the browser, pisses me off so I use IE.

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
FuryShift said:
I have Firefox and still cannot figure out how I am able to save a target. Been to every visible option available on the browser, pisses me off so I use IE.

Isn't it just "Save Link As..." and sometimes if you just slick on it it will save it automatically (depending on your options) right to the desktop. I'm sorry, but I've never had that problem :shrug:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
I like so far, no problems yet. I like the fact that it deletes the address bar and history everytime you close it.

KDog

Established Member
blueoval4ever said:
So I downloaded Firefox and I'm trying it out now. What exactly is supposed to be better about Firefox over IE? Fewer Crashes? It seems to be pretty much the same, although Gifs. and smilies work now with my firewall on where as with IE they don't.

Tabbed browsing
Pop-up blockers
More secure
Tabbed browsing
Themes
Extensions
Have I mentioned tabbed browsing?

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
FFKnuckles said:
Isn't it just "Save Link As..." and sometimes if you just slick on it it will save it automatically (depending on your options) right to the desktop. I'm sorry, but I've never had that problem :shrug:

Nah man, if I do that it saves the link as a HTML document. :shrug:

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
FuryShift said:
Nah man, if I do that it saves the link as a HTML document. :shrug:

Ahh...that's becuase it's probably not a direct link, it's an sutomated link that will open a new html document that will in turn load a video, etc.. That can be annoying but i found that sometimes it tells me it's a html, but it's actually a video with a html icon.

Users who are viewing this thread