trying to do some homework beforehand!

sckcobra

Established Member
started a mods list for when i pick up my cobra. ( if everything works out i should be leaving for colorado in the next couple days.) im putting a mod package together. so far i have the following - MGW shifter, k&nFIpk, bassani x-pipe, borla catback, 2.8 pulley w/idlers (sitll not sure on the idlers), tune, and that seems like about it for now. but of course i have a few questions.

1. are they idlers really effective in reducing belt slippage or should i save my money?
2.should i run cooling mods are am i safe with these mods?
3.all work is gonna be done by danny swanson from swanson performance located in torrance califronia. he is telling with my mod list he could knock all of it out in one 9 hour work day. is this possible?
4.from what i understand i shoud be in the 450-460rwhp range? seem feesable?
5.how much do you guys think this should cost me with everything installed? (i can't even change a flat tire on a ten speed) :loser:

sckcobra

Established Member
as always i appreciate anyone who takes there time out to answer my neverending barage of retarted redundant questions. LOL!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Man, save yourself some money and do the catback/midpipe and shifter install yourself. It'll take you a day to do it, and save you $300 of install time. The catback is so easy with a jack and hand tools. You will have no problem. The x-pipe will be a bit more of a pain but it will only take you a couple hours if you don't know your ass from a wrench.

I'd get some cooling mods first. Radiator, LDC cooling mod, and reservoir tank to start.

That horsepower range seems to be right, however, I wouldn't be surprised if you got more than that.

They dyno time is going to take the longest. All those mods you want put on are peanuts to install... 9hrs of work time? Yikes, thats $500! If not more!

Rwick7

Established Member
sckcobra said:
1. are they idlers really effective in reducing belt slippage or should i save my money?
2.should i run cooling mods are am i safe with these mods?
3.all work is gonna be done by danny swanson from swanson performance located in torrance califronia. he is telling with my mod list he could knock all of it out in one 9 hour work day. is this possible?
4.from what i understand i shoud be in the 450-460rwhp range? seem feesable?
5.how much do you guys think this should cost me with everything installed? (i can't even change a flat tire on a ten speed) :loser:

1. they are effective but not all are needed if you run a 2.80 pulley just get a auxillary idler and be done with it.
2. You'll be fine with those mods, stay away from high MPH pulls from extended time (I'd tell you that even if you had the cooling mods). These cars have been doing fine with the stock cooling system at "normal" power levels.
3. He can do it in 9 hours easy.
4. yes 440-460
5. I have no idea, you really should find some local 03 guys to help you put it on yourself.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread