Trying to pinpiont white smoke.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
Trying to pinpiont white smoke. If it is the IC leaking couldint I presure test it like you would your radiator? Its the same thing isnt it?? If it loses presure and, I do not see any leaks on the outside, Safe to say the IC is leaking into the motor?:shrug:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
It has already had the Intercooler Recall done Ian.

Yes, you can pressure test the system the same as you can the regular cooling system. If it drops in pressure and there in no green on the outside of the block then I'd say the intercooler is pooped again.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
thanks guys I will try the presure test tomm at work. I have noticed the fluid level drop in the IC res about maby 1/8th in...? im gonna go check it again now and see whare its at. I was only abel to go WOT for maby 3 secs today at lunchtime. I couldnt see if thare was any smoke, but I think i mite have smelt a lil antifreez..? IDK thare was a litttel bit of traffic, could have been somebody else? Sory to anybody that is trying to help me in this thread. I started a new one today I could get to page 2 on this sight befor. Thanks again for the ideas. Brian

Black Sleeper

Established Member
ok i wasnt abel to take the whole intake off but i looked onside the Tb and saw only oil(common)I took a good look at the rest of the motor,I couldnt see any leaks. I looked at the rest of the motor back behind the SC i think thats whare the in and out IC lines go to I didnt see anything leaking from thare. I also had somebody rev up the engin to see if any smoke came out, none did. I think thats a plus, meaning I hope no blown cylander or rings. I lyed befor, I thought the IC fluid droped a littel bit but no. itst the same. So I guess I will have to a few more WOT runs on the highway tomm after work and check the IC res after. The only other thing I noticed was the IC fluid smelled like rotten fish. That means its bad I know. I have never changed the IC fluid since I Got the L. Dont think that would make my truck smoke.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
Who ever is the Moderater tonight sorry about makeing 2 threads about the same problem If you want put it all into one thread so i dont confuse everybody. My other thread was WHITE SMOKE??? Im just trying to clean things up for U and everybody who is trying to help Thanks Brian.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The only way to "see" the intercooler is to remove the S/C completely. Even then it will not show you the area that you need to look. The only way to inspect the tanks on the intercooler other than pressure test is to remove the midplate and inspect it that way.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
Yea I was aware of that I just didnt have the time to take the whole thing apart like that. maby not this weekend but the next i will take the SC off and look inside. But for now I will keep an eye on the IC fluid level and see how that works out. thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread