TSB Repair- Help!!

verbal

Established Member
I went to get my Cobra checked out by an SVT tech at the local Ford dealership tonight for three different TSB's. He had to approve them before I could have the work done. One of the TSB's was for the front alignment pull. He drove it and said that there is something wrong. He told me that I was going to have to pay for the alignment work to get it fixed and I will have to pay more if he needs to drill the rivets out on the shocktowers. Does this sound right? Why should I have to pay for work that is on a TSB? Isn't that the purpose of the TSB? For the manufacturer to cover the problem. I have already payed TiresPlus for an alignment that did nothing and I do not feel like paying for it again. The tech. didn't even know that there was a TSB on this and said that all mustangs pull and wear on the corners of the tires. He did agree that it pulls more than usual. Are they just trying to get me to pay for an alignment?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Take it somewhere else or tell them plain and simple that you're not paying for shyt! There's something wrong obviously and they need to tend to it. Maybe they'll get the point then.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd find a different dealer even if I had to drive an hour. They're jerking you around. From what you've posted I wouldn't let the dealer get within 10 feet of my car. JMO.

verbal

Established Member
In your situation, your car is pulling. However.... you already payed TiresPlus to do an alignment, why?? What was wrong in the first place?

I took it to get aligned because the car was pulling and wearing my right front tire and the service tech. at the Ford dealer (not this dealer) told me that there was no TSB. I did not get it fixed by that Ford dealer because they had totally screwed me over on the paint TSB.

verbal

Established Member
I bought the car used with 6k miles. I am almost sure it has never been in an accident. I had done a CarFax previous to buying it, it was checked out at Ford for the hood to get repainted, all mechanics who have looked at the front end say that there is no evidence of any damage. Other than this there are no problems with the car.
It was pulling when I bought it and one tire had wear on the corner. When I test drove it was not that noticable. TiresPlus said that it was as close as they could get it aligned without drilling out the shocktowers. They said it will still pull but there should not be any tire wear. Guess what? The tires are still wearing on the corners. I then took it to a Lincoln Mercury dealer because I did not trust the Ford dealer. There service manager said the same thing. The shocktower would have to be drilled out. He said this happens sometimes during transport from the factory because they are tied down to hard.

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
If they have to drill the rivets out you might want to consider getting a set of caster/camber plates to fix the alignment issue, that is if there are no other problems with the front end. I know some mustangs naturally pull more to the right than others, and every service tech I asked about that always swears the car had to have been in an accident. Any way good luck with that

Users who are viewing this thread