TSS Boss 302 "Turbo Build"

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Changed to a built 6R80 trans instead of the Magnum, All the coatings are finished so once back home on 11/23 hope I can pick her back up.

~Whats the MAX rwhp range I can get away with on a fully built 6R80 before I break it, Is it the clutches that fail or is it just that "other" things cant handle that power?
~Whats the MAX rwhp range for a DSS aluminum drive shaft?
~Whats the opinion on a Sleeved block with water jacket reinforcement vs no reinforcement, does it matter once you've got it sleeved or what?

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
No runs yet, just a few solo hits. Weather has been crap for most of the time it's been ready to run. Hopefully hit Baytown Friday and see what she does.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Changed to a built 6R80 trans instead of the Magnum, All the coatings are finished so once back home on 11/23 hope I can pick her back up.

~Whats the MAX rwhp range I can get away with on a fully built 6R80 before I break it, Is it the clutches that fail or is it just that "other" things cant handle that power?
~Whats the MAX rwhp range for a DSS aluminum drive shaft?
~Whats the opinion on a Sleeved block with water jacket reinforcement vs no reinforcement, does it matter once you've got it sleeved or what?
when was the last time you drove this thing man?!? My short block just got here and my car has been down 30 days today. feels like an eternity so i am motivated to get it back together!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
when was the last time you drove this thing man?!? My short block just got here and my car has been down 30 days today. feels like an eternity so i am motivated to get it back together!

Been a while, I went from a NA build to TVS idea, then to JPC turbo and now the built 6R80 change. Sooo... needless to say I have to stick to my build now and in the future deal with the rest of it. If i keep changing ill never drive it LOL! But i haven't gotten a ticket in forever, kinda feels weird. I've upped my arrival back home cause im starting to feel that inability to wait much longer ha.

I'm gonna see which track we all head too when this thing comes out, I hope weather permits :/

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
So you make it back January 23 or November 23? (said 11/23 in previous post). If I can get mine built by then id like to go play with other turbo coyotes! As far as tickets go, I was getting my fair share when it was a DD but now I have a truck n trailer so its a toy. I may be eating my words on the "no cage" bit lol

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
So you make it back January 23 or November 23? (said 11/23 in previous post). If I can get mine built by then id like to go play with other turbo coyotes! As far as tickets go, I was getting my fair share when it was a DD but now I have a truck n trailer so its a toy. I may be eating my words on the "no cage" bit lol

Ill be flying back home on 1/21, so hope I can get the guys heading out to TSS on 1/22 LOL! Hell yeah man, we do have meet coming up very soon after I get the car so long as i have my TF setup in my hands ill have some tires to help hook. I would love to "street play" along with a select few others in our crew, everyone on my ends solid too. PM me and Ill get your info and we will go from there ;)

Also we will be out @ TX2K so plan to come out ;)

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
Ill be flying back home on 1/21, so hope I can get the guys heading out to TSS on 1/22 LOL! Hell yeah man, we do have meet coming up very soon after I get the car so long as i have my TF setup in my hands ill have some tires to help hook. I would love to "street play" along with a select few others in our crew, everyone on my ends solid too. PM me and Ill get your info and we will go from there ;)

Also we will be out @ TX2K so plan to come out ;)

Update me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread