TT 03 cobra rebuild****picture heavy***

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Absolutely love the attention to detail! Great fab work and i am certainly bookmarking the thread for future reference :)

Ken

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Quick question. How are you liking the Evans Academy training? I have the MS3 Pro sitting on a shelf that I’ll be using also and was wondering about the Evan’s training videos. Which have you used so far and how informative are they? I seen there are 3 courses specific to Megasquirt tuning.
I’m just not sure where to start to get the best footing and start on tuning and the basics before moving forward.
Thanks for any direction you can give on them or where to get started.
Ok, not really a quick question lol.

Ken

Last edited:

aaronj

Established Member
I like it. There is a basic efi course and an advanced one then the mega squirt course. His delivery is good and its easy enough to follow. Hp academy is another good one. I bought their wiring course which helped me a bunch with this project.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I like it. There is a basic efi course and an advanced one then the mega squirt course. His delivery is good and its easy enough to follow. Hp academy is another good one. I bought their wiring course which helped me a bunch with this project.
Perfect. Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll definitely use the HP academy for the wiring education as well.
Ken

aaronj

Established Member
Small update:
I've been working out some little kinks before i take the car to get dyno tuned.

I redid the adapter for the IAC to throttle body. Ended up cutting up a Fore fitting and welding it to some aluminum plate. Fore makes the nicest fittings IMO, i was able to weld it without discoloring the anodizing. It came out way cleaner than the last one and you can barely see it under the throttle body.
IMG_2524.jpeg

IMG_2526.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg
IMG_2530.jpeg

Also added a on/off switch for the fuel pumps.
IMG_2578.jpeg

My dumbass decided to keep the non aligning v bands that came on the mid pipes when i built the downpipes originally even though i knew they would be a PITA. Well as expected i ended up cutting them off and putting on some better quality self aligning ones that wont leak. I also added some flex bellows to take some of the strain off the downpipes. All I'm waiting on now are some brace to arrive. They will go just prior to the bellow and help support things.
IMG_2585.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg

Last edited:

aaronj

Established Member
Carbon Driven wiper cowl installed.
IMG_2586.jpeg

Decided to polish the exhaust too.
IMG_2565.jpeg

IMG_2580.jpeg

Got all my parts back from powder coating and a radiator cover and brake reservoir cover from Harpell Auto Fab. The coil covers were powder coated "black cast" to match the parts from HAF. I also installed Billet pro shop valve cover bolts. I'll probably swap the exhaust wrap and blankets for black ones. With all the Black Friday deals i decided to pull the trigger on some viking triple adjustable rear coil overs from Lethal. This thing will be sitting perfect once those are installed.
IMG_2542.jpeg
IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg
IMG_2599.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread