TT Cobra Build.. GT35R's | Big Stuff | 1000+ Goal

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
don't know if i missed it somewhere, but what mufflers are those? also, why no crossover in the exhaust(no X or H)?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
don't know if i missed it somewhere, but what mufflers are those? also, why no crossover in the exhaust(no X or H)?

In tubocharged systems all the exhaust pulses get scrambled once they go through the turbine(s) of the turbo(s). With the exhaust pulses being scrambled there is no scavanging possible, and therefore no benefit whatsoever to an "H" or "X" pipe.

Ken:beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
In tubocharged systems all the exhaust pulses get scrambled once they go through the turbine(s) of the turbo(s). With the exhaust pulses being scrambled there is no scavanging possible, and therefore no benefit whatsoever to an "H" or "X" pipe.

Ken:beer:
i see. that makes sense. so, how come now it seems like a lot of kits are including an X or H pipe that mates with a catback? will it hurt performance in any way by running a crossover? does it basically just make a slight change in exhaust tone? just curious since i'm not too crazy familar on this matter of turbos....:beer:

Last edited:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
When you need to attach a brace from the intake tube to the intake, you know your pushin boost!
That car is looking sick

Monte

Established Member
Just finished Dynoing the car. It made 909hp/750tq @ 25lbs on the first pull with a soft tune. I wasn't there for the dyno but we will soon dyno it local with more info.

Couple pictures of the car completed.

6.JPG

7.JPG

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
nice!!!! that should be a fun ride!!!

any chance on info on how to keep the alternator in the stock location???

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ended up building a bracket to hold an idler where a normal 2v alternator would be.

but how did you keep the alt in the original spot as it was using the blower belt which is a few inches in front of the other belt? was it hard to fab up?

cobrat03

Established Member
Made a custom crank pulley just to drive the alternator and made an aluminum bar with tie rod ends to tension the belt.

Users who are viewing this thread