TT dyno results

realaxed83

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Not bad. I have been hearing alot of good things about Randy Haywood lately.

I've been around his work for about 8 years now and I think he is probably one of the best tuners in the nation. Very knowledgeable guy. There are quite a few tuner's that can get great power out of a car but the best ones do it safely. Sorry for the thread whoring, back to the twins! :rolling:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
realaxed83 said:
Sounds like you got more out of it after we spoke on the phone, pretty sweet. So what was the fuel issue that you were having earlier that day? Let me know when your headed back to Raleigh, I gotta get a ride in that thing. If I could have I would have ditched work to stay around but you know how that goes. Good luck bro.

the fuel pump was leaking when i first cranked it up at 8am...then it just magically stopped and hasnt done it since...i'll let you know when we head back up that way :thumbsup:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Excellent numbers, congrats! To make big numbers, turbo is the only way to travel. :thumbsup:

your idol

Established Member
TT-mach1

BLK 04 cobra1. what do you shift your car at, I need info bad order Twin 67mm from Hp, I just dont want them to be to big, my mach1 will last at 7,300 rpm.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I let out at 6200rpm's...if you can go to 7300, you'll be fine
ds%2003%20tt.JPG

Yellow cobra

Established Member
Good,put it should be in the 800+rwhp with this number of boost. i think yo have to put a little things such as air mass..

good luck man.

Boosted 03

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what size pipe does your kit use for the intake side of the turbo and the exhaust side (header to turbo flange)? I'm building a DIY twin kit and shooting for the 1,000 mark as well. Let me kow if you can. Also, what size blow off valves are you using? Thanks

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
3" intake...2.5"turbo back...they offer 3"turbo back, but i have the 2.5" Bassani, had I had the 3" MAC, I would've gone 3"...Im not sure about the size of the BOV's.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
we've been messing with the boost controller this week and have definitely figured out how to get the turbo's to come in sooner, so I think that number will be about 100rhwp greater once we get the start boost squared away...hope to hit the dyno again next week, but have to wait and see...

SpookSVT

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
3" intake...2.5"turbo back...they offer 3"turbo back, but i have the 2.5" Bassani, had I had the 3" MAC, I would've gone 3".

Those pipes are holding you back alot. I was wondering why your curves were so flat through your mid-range. I'd really look into getting a 3" turbo back or at least a 2.75" especially at such a high boost level.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
They could be, but there are plenty of guys making more with the same setup...before I go dropping any more money on some new stuff, im gonna tweak what I have....thanks for the input though and you're right a 3" would probably work better and if I go solid axle, then i'll swap to a 3"

SpookSVT

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
They could be, but there are plenty of guys making more with the same setup...before I go dropping any more money on some new stuff, im gonna tweak what I have....thanks for the input though and you're right a 3" would probably work better and if I go solid axle, then i'll swap to a 3"

It's not so much power robbing I'm talking about although you would get a nice bump in power. The smaller exhaust is choking the turbine when it reaches higher RPM's, thus creating more lag as it goes. For lower boost levels (under 15psi) it would actually be ideal since your not spinning the turbine as fast, it helps spool since there are less exhaust gasses to be expelled.

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
2.5 to 3" is not going to give that much power. I went from a 3.5" to 4" exhaust on my diesel truck and didn't gain much power....all it did was lower EGT's.

My 57mm kit will be put on in the next couple of weeks with the exact same set up that blk04 has, like he said there are plenty of guys making 800+ with the 2.5 catback

Users who are viewing this thread