TT start up issue

1raresnake

Established Member
[video=youtube;pJYloSl2FaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJYloSl2FaI[/video] Doesn't sound good. Did swap out 04 cobra timing cover to 01 cobra if that matters.

Any idea will help.

stradt03

Established Member
the sound seems to be pretty constant across both valve covers.

What else changed?
is the motor recently built? Could the lash adjusters not be pumped up yet resulting in noise from both heads?
Did your timing cover pulleys all move freely? I had a strange knocking/ticking that ended up being an idler pulley

1raresnake

Established Member
the sound seems to be pretty constant across both valve covers.

What else changed?
is the motor recently built? Could the lash adjusters not be pumped up yet resulting in noise from both heads?
Did your timing cover pulleys all move freely? I had a strange knocking/ticking that ended up being an idler pulley

Nothing in the motor changed. All I did was pop off the valve and Timing covers off for powdercoating. That's what I intially thought as well.

I'll try to get to it today and go from there....

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Are you missing any tools? I know of a drag racer that ended up a socket short when swapping an intake. He didn't think much of it until at the end of the season he found it in the intake track and it had been bouncing around all season. He just pulled it out and said it should run better next season. What a nut! My luck it would have went into the engine and BOOM!

1raresnake

Established Member
Good suggestion. I'll take a looks.
Are you missing any tools? I know of a drag racer that ended up a socket short when swapping an intake. He didn't think much of it until at the end of the season he found it in the intake track and it had been bouncing around all season. He just pulled it out and said it should run better next season. What a nut! My luck it would have went into the engine and BOOM!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I would stop running the car and pull that timing cover back off. If that is the only thing that came off either something got installed incorrectly and is making contact or something broke on removal/install.

BTW nice build though. Looks very clean. Anymore pics on that coolant setup?

1raresnake

Established Member
I would stop running the car and pull that timing cover back off. If that is the only thing that came off either something got installed incorrectly and is making contact or something broke on removal/install.

BTW nice build though. Looks very clean. Anymore pics on that coolant setup?

Just got off the phone with my buddy. Man I feel like an idiot! I reversed my MM oil filter relocation lines. Stuck at school right now. Going to go home and swap them and go from there. I also verified that I had no oil pressure.
85EE91BA-7F9E-4D28-B227-B8F1C857CA92.jpg

65D58AC1-2EE6-4AE2-86E1-ED00D1FF83E8.jpg

ACE3A1B4-A30E-45AA-AF02-BE3358CD9E7B.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous 03

Established Member
Timing components making noise.sounds like a loose timing chain.pop the timing cover off and check your tensioners,chains and guides.
Good Luck

Venomous 03

Established Member
Lol Oooops.
Didnt see you had found the issue already.
Thats definately the problem.
No oil pressure to chain tensioners=loose timing chains.

Id recommend disconnecting your injectors and COPs and crank the engine a few times to get some oil around BEFORE you fire it up again to prevent anymore wear/damage.
After you fix the issue ofcourse

MTBSully

Established Member
Hopefully you caught it in time. I was so nervous about doing that I called on3 to verify that IN went to OUT and OUT went to IN. Then I tripled checked everything before starting it. Guy at on3 said "Youd be surprised how many people call freaking out that they have no oil pressure and its because they hooked their relocation lines up wrong"

Sounds good now though, and very clean install!

1raresnake

Established Member
Yea I should have know. Hopefully no major damage.

Thanks I tried my best to install everything as clean as possible.

Hopefully you caught it in time. I was so nervous about doing that I called on3 to verify that IN went to OUT and OUT went to IN. Then I tripled checked everything before starting it. Guy at on3 said "Youd be surprised how many people call freaking out that they have no oil pressure and its because they hooked their relocation lines up wrong"

Sounds good now though, and very clean install!

Users who are viewing this thread