Tune in Sunday night 3/14/10

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
There's a man in the town I live in, he's a Lawyer, very bright and he's a hoarder. His house was such a fire hazard he was ordered by the courts to clean out the house. He refused and after a 30 day deadline had come and gone he was arrested. The town proceeded to hired a local contractor to clean out all the debris and news papers from inside the house. The odor from rodent urine was so powerful workers had to dawn SCBAs and bio-hazard suits to clear it out. They hauled out 66 tons of news papers and junk, unbelievable.

Last edited:

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
There's a man in the town I live in, he's a Lawyer, very bright and he's a hoarder. His house was such a fire hazard he was ordered by the courts to clean out the house. He refused and after a 30 day deadline had come and gone he was arrested. The town proceeded to hired a local contractor to clean out all the debris and news papers from inside the house. The odor from rodent urine was so powerful workers had to dawn SCBAs and bio-hazard suits to clear it out. They hauled out 66 tons of news papers and junk, unbelievable.

Went through a lot of vicks vapo rub. Had that stuff jammed up our noses

canibus

Established Member
There was a good one on tlc not long ago. The lady cooked in a crowded kitchen and served her husband upstairs. There was only enough room for one person in each room, so they ate seperately.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Give us some background on what you did. It's more interesting to hear your experiences making the show.

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
So whats the difference between your show and the one thats been on A&E for two seasons now?

The A&E show is more of an intervention. The subjects receive no treatment or help to deal with the psychology of their issue. They basically sit back and watch as their stuff is tossed out. Nothing is done to address their issue. The TLC version brings a therapist and an organizer in to help them deal with their situation. It's amazing to see firsthand what these people deal with. There is no difference between trash and treasure. If you picked up something in their house it could literally be , in one hand, you could have a palm full of diamonds and in the other, you could have a palm full off dead AA batteries and to them, there is no monetary difference. They would freak out equally if they had to part with one or the other. I've been in this business for 15 years and I've never had a show leave such an impressionable mark on me. Whether or not that transfers on to the average viewer, I can't say but I hope those who watch it enjoy it; we suffered a lot to make it happen!

Users who are viewing this thread