Tune or transmission issue? Help

tx5.slow

Established Member
I had my car tune at a local shop about 3 months ago had no issues with the car or tune, has good cold starts nice WOT pulls, but recently i've driven it, in stop and go traffic here in dallas, now when I slightly step on the gas say 40% throttle to pass someone the car doesn't shift down, it feels like it misses the shift then it has to slow down till the rpms drop around 1000 then shifts again, also monitored the shifts on my x4 tuner when in 6th gear, then I press on the gas shows 4th on the display for a sec then displays 1st after the rpm reaches less then 1000 shifts back to 4th or 3rd depending on my speed could this be the tune or trans issue? 2014 gt 6r80 trans

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5lho

Established Member
Could be both, or neither. Can you manually row through the gears, up and down, with no issues?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Call the tuner for some ideas.

Additionally, maybe a connector fell off, or a wire got pinched or something simple like that.

5lho

Established Member
Ok, well, that rules out a mechanical problem so, now you are down to the tune and trans control. Can you put it back to stock and see what happens or, are you too modified for that?

tx5.slow

Established Member
Ok, well, that rules out a mechanical problem so, now you are down to the tune and trans control. Can you put it back to stock and see what happens or, are you too modified for that?
I took it to the ford dealer as well still under warranty, said they can take a look at it if i put back to stock, also talk and took it on test drive with the shop forman hes got modified gt500 amd 5.0 as well said it was a tune issue that they rarely have any issues with those 6r80, so am taking it down to a transmission shop getting look at it tomorrow, there gonna run a diagnosis on it, tell me if anything is wrong with the trans or valve body, ill keep updating just in case someone else has this issue

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread