Tune/Pulley/CAI/Throttle Body dyno numbers

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Ok were not done yet "Hurricane Performance/Tuners inc" Were getting close. The car has been on the dyno since Monday, their are a ton of things that SCT doesnt have in their software that you have to tune around. But ill give you some preliminary numbers, keep in mind the tune is not 100% nor is it a race tune. The tune is drive the car beat the crap out of it on 93 octane, enjoy and dont worry about blowing up type of tune. Now for the good stuff
from base line to a baseline with a tune it picked up
HP 21 TRQ 19
from baseline w/tune to pulley swap which is only 1.5 lbs of boost up top, but picks up more through mid range
HP 31 TRQ 42
From Pulley to CAI it picked up
HP 12 TRQ 26
CAI to Throttle Body is next, its on schedule for today as well as cleaning up some of the file, ill keep you posted, Im expecting a large number from the throttle body

cai.jpg

Last edited:

BossAnaki

Established Member
Nope we bought everything individually and we are creating our own tune

Cool,thanks for the response. I was worried at first that after buying a package like this you would still have to invest more time and resources to get things right.

Just a question but why didn't you go with a larger OD crack pulley?

Last edited:

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Cool,thanks for the response. I was worried at first that after buying a package like this you would still have to invest more time and resources to get things right.

Just a question but why didn't you go with a larger OD crack pulley?

That's why we do our R&D the way we do, so a customer can order everything from up and their shouldn't be any issues.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Thanks for doing this and posting. Interesting to see more conservative tunes. I'd be interested in CAI, TB and tune, without pulley.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
What size Pulley did you install?? JLT Big-air Cai installed?? Stock numbers, Boost, A/F?? Dynojet, SAE?? Post up the sheet when you finish, if possible. Appreciate the info.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
64HP and 84TQ at the wheels before the TB upgrade is super impressive gains for a tune/cai/pulley!!! Stock exhaust still right? What's boost at with the pulley change and what size pulley?

Myfast70

Established Member
Can't wait to see the final numbers. Impressive so far. I would also like to know what the boost is now too. Also, will the stock boost gauge show past 15lbs?

Evolution

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers!

I would have replaced the Throttle Body after you installed the Tune and Intake since the factory Throttle body is a restriction at the factory boost levels let alone trying to add more boost first.

If you look at your dyno graph below you can see the throttle opening and closing throughout the pull.

There are a ton of stuff SCT doesn't have in their software for tuning this car.

We don't have any of these issues because we're not relying on their software to tune the car. :-D

252663_473071936039593_1859692161_n.jpg

Turbo mach1

Established Member
we know your not using it LOL!!!!

the throttle Blade is the issue were trying to deal with, we also were getting bad slippage, so we just created a tensioner for it. We will see what happens i think their is plenty left in it esp with the tensioner and TB. also our A/F is very conservitave
Congrats on the numbers!

I would have replaced the Throttle Body after you installed the Tune and Intake since the factory Throttle body is a restriction at the factory boost levels let alone trying to add more boost first.

If you look at your dyno graph below you can see the throttle opening and closing throughout the pull.

There are a ton of stuff SCT doesn't have in their software for tuning this car.

We don't have any of these issues because we're not relying on their software to tune the car. :-D

252663_473071936039593_1859692161_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread