Tune Question??

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Here's the problem... I've had my car for almost 6 years, and have had the same mods/tune for about 3.5. A few months ago I changed my old K and N style intake system out for the JLT carbon fiber fenderwell kit, and changed out the UPR o/r x and stock catback with welded in Flows for a Bassani o/r x and Bassani 3" catback. Everything works great, I did notice a bit more get up and go via the "seat of the pants" dyno, but there seems to be a problem now that wasn't there before.

If I go full throttle through the RPM range to near redline, then let off and get right back on the gas to full throttle, such as changing gears or simply revving the engine while in neutral, most of the time the engine falls flat for about 1 to 2 seconds before it picks back up again. It doesn't do it everytime, but it does happen probably 7 out of 10 times. I'm assuming it can be fixed with a revised tune, but I was wondering if anyone has either had this problem before of if they may know what direction to point me as far as what to look for. According to my wideband the A/F looks good, maybe a tad leaner than with the old intake/exhaust, but still safe, and all my other mods are in my sig. Car has about 60,xxx miles, and has ben modded since about 25,xxx miles. Should I get the tune revised anyway because of the changed parts?

Thanks in advance for any help...

-Pete

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
it does sound like pprv. more than likely this can be "tuned out". it can also be deleted from your gas tank. just run a search in the terminator section of these forums, for "pprv"...a bunch of info will come up about it. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread