Tune to fix bucking and rev hang

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
A while back I took my new-to-me 2013 GT to the dealership to address why the emissions monitors would not ready after replacing the battery and several drive cycles done by the book. They gave it back to me that same day and said all they did was drive it 5 minutes or so (suspect). Anyway, since I picked it up the car drives completely different - it bucks wildly in first gear when cold and when I push the clutch in while driving the RPMs hang for a few seconds before dropping (also, when I just let off the gas and try to engine brake). On researching this, it appears to be normal for the stock tune, but very annoying to me. As it did not do this before I took it to them (this was also the dealership it was purchased from on a certified pre-owned sale), I assume they reflashed with the stock tune to resolve the emissions monitors.

I am looking to buy a tuner to clear this annoying bucking and rev hanging - hopefully a canned tune. Anyone know of one that fixed this issue for them.

jn2

Established Member
If you don't care about them giving you grief over a tune when you try and warranty anything powertrain related you could look into getting a Lund or AED tune. Both are the 2 most used remote tuners.

If you are ever in the Austin area let me know and I can at least pull your file and take a look at i for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread