Tune up advise

98svtdroptop

98droptop
Established Member
Seems like my 98 needs a tune up. Has 75,000 miles. Just have some basic bolt ons. I'm guessing go with stock coils? Ford 9 mm wires? What plugs? Any advise? Thanks.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Are you positive your coils need to be replaced? Ford wires are great! I have msd and they're a bit longer than the FRPP ones which is annoying. I've ran various plugs in my bolt on B head; the stock motorcraft platinum $5 ones have provided the best results for me. It runs smooth and they are long lasting.

Replace the fuel filter if you've never done it!

Last edited:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Are you positive your coils need to be replaced? Ford wires are great! I have msd and they're a bit longer than the FRPP ones which is annoying. I've ran various plugs in my bolt on B head; the stock motorcraft platinum $5 ones have provided the best results for me. It runs smooth and they are long lasting.

Replace the fuel filter if you've never done it!

+1

Replace fuel filter, plugs, wires, coils if you feel the need. I like NGK tr55 but motorcraft you can't go wrong

laddanator

Established Member
+1

Replace fuel filter, plugs, wires, coils if you feel the need. I like NGK tr55 but motorcraft you can't go wrong

I run the NKG TR6. What's the difference in the 55 and 6? I guess it's a cooler plug. I've only used the tr6 in my Supercharged vehicle so I guess I answered my own question! :)

Last edited:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I run the NKG TR6. What's the difference in the 55 and 6? I guess it's a cooler plug. I've only used the tr6 in my Supercharged vehicle so I guess I answered my own question! :)

Yeah I'm basically stock and NA so I used the 55. Isn't the tr6 a copper plug?

robb15033

Established Member
Get yourself an oil separator/filter if you don't have one already.
I am running great with Autolite 764 plugs, FRPP wires, Weapon X coils, Ford fuel filter, ect..
Amsoil in differential, Mobil1 in transmission, Amsoil in engine, Mobil1 in power steering sump.

Users who are viewing this thread