Tune ?

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Just got a tune from lethal on an SCT-3000 for my 04 cobra. I gave them my mods(K&N, MRT Hpipe and American Thunder catback) and they gave me a canned tune. My question is what does the tune change? timing? A/F?
I am guessing that just A/F parameter is changed which would then make the timing change but timing would not be changed directly because that is controlled automatically based upon A/F. Just trying to understanding just exactly what a new tune does as compared to the one from the factory. Thanks!

bradlewis30

Established Member
timing can be lock in at wot regardless of A/F ratio you could have 11.5 across the rmp range and depending on Octane and boost your tunner would adjust your timming to be safe from you denating, I cant spell but i live in columbus and i could run 15d of timing and would detonate every now and again with my lighting when moved to colorado i could run 19 or 18 safely at 15psi there are more factors then what you mentioned, you are close enought that i would drive to RWTD in bama and get your car dyno tunned

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
A tune made for you takes Many factors into accout including part throttle drivabilty and lots of parameters you can't adjust by simply adding fuel and spark!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
There are lots of parameters that are/and can be changed in a tune.
OP,why did you install a bigger MAF on your car?

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
A tune made for you takes Many factors into accout including part throttle drivabilty and lots of parameters you can't adjust by simply adding fuel and spark!

Thanks for the response. I realize there are many parameters that can be changed. I have been reading my SAE OBDII book and have discovered many of those parameters you speak of. I am just trying to get an idea of exactly what has been changed for just the mods I have listed. I know my question may be hard to answer because of the vastness of the parameters that can be changed but I am after more of the what and why. Anyway, thanks for your response. It would be nice if we had a computer/tuning section dedicated to this stuff where tuners could break it down for us that want to know.:rockon:

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
My bad,I must have misunderstood this ''SCT-3000''.Did you mean SCT X3?

Yes. The part number for the SCT X3 is SCT-3000. The newest programmer they have is the SCT-3015 which is the SCT F3 if I am not mistaken. The only difference between them is that the 3015 comes with tunes and the 3000 does not.:thumbsup:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Tuners adjust upwards of 20+ parameters so knowledgeable ones can really make a difference on creating a successful tune!

Users who are viewing this thread