Tuned on the Corn with Sai Li system + Circle D 3C Converter

fuelforfire87

Established Member
So I just wanted to give a shout out to Drew at D Mark Performance for installing my Sai Li fuel system and Circle D 3C Converter. Also Lund did a great job remote tuning on Drew's dyno and I am very happy with the numbers. Made 739HP/553TQ with a Procharger D1SC 4.5" pulley, E85 with the Boss Intake Manifold. Ran into a small issue with the part provided for the fuel system that splices into the feed line, The fitting was leaking at the elbow and the whole part had to be replaced but other than that no big issues. Still have to get the shift points dialed in on the street with the Circle D, But the car feels a lot more responsive than it did on pump gas.

Shaun.Doran.E85.pull.4.jpg

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
Nice numbers! I'm doing the sai li fuel system on my car this weekend. Just wondering how you ended up fixing the leak issue? Install pretty easy?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Thanks, I had the shop install the fuel system, the part that splices into the feed line is a fuel line repair kit. The original part had a leak in one of the fittings so Drew ordered a new fuel line repair kit from O'reillys. The original part was defective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mystickb1996

Established Member
I got most of the kit install today. Can you tell me on the fuel pressure regulator do you have a boost reference hooked up or did you just cap off the fitting?
Thanks for the help

fuelforfire87

Established Member
There is no boost reference on the regulator, the shop left it disconnected. Peak boost was 12.7 PSI at 7850 RPM. That's what they wanted to rev to when doing the pulls. Timing is 21.5 degrees.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Oh and forgot to mention this was on a dynocom dyno so I'm guessing the numbers are high like on a dynojet. Car feels really quick now and definitely have traction issues in first and second gear. Should have went with a stickier tire than the NT05 (street tire not drag radial). May have to switch to my 15" rims with MT S/S and run those full time.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Great numbers! Is this a stock motor car?

I wouldn't mind seeing it run at a track. I'm assuming you run Byron or maybe GLD?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Yes its a stock motor minus OPG and crank gear. I've been to Byron once a couple years ago, hope to go back soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I know I'm definitely pushing the limits of the stock motor. I'm pretty confident in it however since Lund saw the dyno graphs. They said if the HP was too much they would dial it back. I know our rods suck compared to the 2nd gen coyote and if something breaks then I will have the motor built or replace it with a 2nd gen coyote or aluminator. This is not my daily driver so I can afford for it to be down for a while. I also try not to beat on it too much.

On a side note I was driving yesterday and some DB in a camaro SS wanted to race me but it was on a street notorious for speed traps, plus there was lot of traffic and the speed limit was only 30 or 35 so I had to bow out. As far as I could tell he was NA with a cam so I most likely would have ate him for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread