Tuned up!

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Got back on the dyno with Predator in hand yesterday. In Aug we ran it and I was really lean, so I pretty much parked it. Now it's smooth and happy. We got the a/f ratio under control and picked up about 25-35 hp in the mid range. Up top we didn't get much more. But the numbers are as follows. 191fwhp(little more work to do there) and 165tq. Not too shabby. With nitrous the numbers a more fun. 255hp and 235tq. That's just a 55hp shot mind you. And now I can finally drive with less fear of blowing the car up. Haywood Custom Speed in Raleigh is great. Randy Haywood ran the car all day and adjusted the tune many times before he was happy. Randy is a well known drag racer, with several championships under his belt. I'll be going back there in Feb for some cam tuning. We'll see. E-

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Cool! :coolman: With that MPH in your sig, you've already got 12 second acceleration. That car must be a blast to run around in! :beer:

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
I bet the low and mid gains are fugging phnominal...
Long as your happy with it brotha.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Venom, you're talking my language bro. I still need to hit your times just to have respect for myself!! The car is hella faster and smoother, but hooking her up at the track has been my problem. I moved to NC so maybe the warmer temps will help out? We'll find out this spring, though most tracks around here are 1/8th mile! SVT02, I may grab the Edelbrock direct port kit when the money comes around, hopefully the rotors aren't looking like the lunar surface by then. E-

Venom_Injected

Established Member
dam, didnt u live in new england b4? thats a big move.
i should have DR's by this spring so im hoping 12's without to much of a problem. i know the mph is there. im think im going to give lakewood a call and see if the traction bar setup for the zx3 with fit the svtf. we're comin down to traction now! :beer:

ncc386

Established Member
elliot400 said:
Got back on the dyno with Predator in hand yesterday. In Aug we ran it and I was really lean, so I pretty much parked it. Now it's smooth and happy. We got the a/f ratio under control and picked up about 25-35 hp in the mid range. Up top we didn't get much more. But the numbers are as follows. 191fwhp(little more work to do there) and 165tq. Not too shabby. With nitrous the numbers a more fun. 255hp and 235tq. That's just a 55hp shot mind you. And now I can finally drive with less fear of blowing the car up. Haywood Custom Speed in Raleigh is great. Randy Haywood ran the car all day and adjusted the tune many times before he was happy. Randy is a well known drag racer, with several championships under his belt. I'll be going back there in Feb for some cam tuning. We'll see. E-
I imagine you do a lot of stangstomping on spray. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread