Tuner

Stolen 98

Established Member
Don Lasota charged me $100 to strap my car to a rented dyno, turn the car on and tell me he wasn't comfortable tuning it.

I then drove the car home and a week later drove it to the 2nd annual Buckeye Brawl and it ran in the mid 11's all after noon on the JDM Canned tune I received.

My $0.02 on Don Lasota.

HeyNow!

Established Member
I called AED to see if they could remote tune my car and was told no. I was a little bummed because I've heard NOTHING but good things.

I'll end up getting it dyno tuned locally from a well regarded Mustang shop in NC.

laddanator

Established Member
I called AED to see if they could remote tune my car and was told no. I was a little bummed because I've heard NOTHING but good things.

I'll end up getting it dyno tuned locally from a well regarded Mustang shop in NC.
Give Ray a call at Fastlane. I just got my car tuned there after my KB install. The car is perfect now!

98SteedaKaz

Established Member
I've used Snipers Special Forces on my GT's. The snake has a SCT chip in it that I need to remove then Ill use it there too. The trick to tuning is to either get with someone that does understand the art of the tune. Or accept that you are leaving power on the table with canned tunes. Remote tuning can work. But it can be a tedious thing if you leave out crucial information. The horror stories about the Bama tunes can't even be counted!

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
i just got an sct sf3 3015 that has some loaded tunes on it .and also has some adjustable features like fuel at WOT and timming in increaments .have any of you guys played with these features for your aplacation.i was thinking about maybe tuning mine for nitrous use.

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
ive got a sniper wet kit on mine now and been running it with a stock tune and onestep colder plug .(75 shot)im wondering if i need to adjust the timming in the upper rpms to go along with my nitrous .my kit will only go to 125shot but 100 is probly enough.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
with remote tunes, you just need the handheld tuner? How do they determine what to set the car at? You give them a list of your mods, etc? how much does a remote tune cost vs. a dyno tune? I know what dyno tunes run

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
As far as I know, Bob Kurgan does remote tuning. You might think about giving him a call.

with remote tunes, you just need the handheld tuner? How do they determine what to set the car at? You give them a list of your mods, etc? how much does a remote tune cost vs. a dyno tune? I know what dyno tunes run

Provide them a list of your mods, then they'll e-mail you a base tune. You make a pull and e-mail them the datalog from it. They'll make adjustments to the tune and send you a new one, you make another pull and send them the datalog from it, etc. etc. until they're comfortable with the tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread