Tuners in Mississauga?

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Hi everyone, so it time for new tires, and to make sure they break in properly I need to add some power ;-)

I want to up the boost slightly and have seen a few different packages with a programmer, but my question is, is this something I could do myself if I am equiped to (I am not a mechanic though) or is it best to let a shop handle it (Not a mechanic, but not stupid either)

If its best to bring it to the tuners, for the fellas up here with Shelbys does anyone have recommendations?? I hear good things about Da Silva out in Scarborough... looking to find a shop thats trust worthy since all the shops around here seem to bend thier customers over... building a 87 fox with a 306 (previous ride) does not cost 16 grand. Anyway, thank you!!

gerbie28

Established Member
no cant say that i have, theres Steeda up in Milton as well as D'Sousa performance also in Milton I cant speak for them but there fairly close to Mississauga, for me I only take my car to Da Sila Racing its worth the drive to Pickering

Cdn Mach Won

Established Member
Are you looking to order a package and then install the mail order tune and pulley? I wouldn't pay them to do a custom tune as most will not improve on the one that is sent. Feel free to pm me

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
This is my first supercharged mustang, but if I get the pulley, I am assuming you can't just safely keep driving it with the factory tune? And the pulley, programmer, and mail order tune (yeah that would be the way to go in this case) is all I need?

T.O.Snake

Established Member
This is my first supercharged mustang, but if I get the pulley, I am assuming you can't just safely keep driving it with the factory tune? And the pulley, programmer, and mail order tune (yeah that would be the way to go in this case) is all I need?

If you're upping boost with something like a pulley swap, I think it's IMPERATIVE to get a custom tune. I think it's just way too risky to "skimp" and use a canned tune.

That said, the two biggest "local" shops are Steeda in Milton and Joe DaSilva's. My advice is to continue researching both and get as many testimonials as you can.

For instance, Steeda tuned my old 04 cobra and I was extremely pleased with the results.

Last edited:

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
I am going to visit the shop in Milton friday and see what they have in store, got 2000 bux to spend, need tires, and another 3 psi. I think friday is going to bring good things to me :)

Cdn Mach Won

Established Member
If you're upping boost with something like a pulley swap, I think it's IMPERATIVE to get a custom tune. I think it's just way too risky to "skimp" and use a canned tune.

That said, the two biggest "local" shops are Steeda in Milton and Joe DaSilva's. My advice is to continue researching both and get as many testimonials as you can.

For instance, Steeda tuned my old 04 cobra and I was extremely pleased with the results.

Sorry but a can tune is usually done by a real tuner. No disrespect to the local guys but you can't beat a Lund tune.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Take it to Lidio @ Alternative Auto Performance outside of Detroit. I see many Ontario plates in his shop. Top notch work

I think this is more also because of the dollar and the fact we get a$$ raped when we open our wallets in Canada. Oh wait no, free health care, that's got to be the answer to being @$$ raped... bhahaha, darn where did anti-flame suit go?

Going to DaSilva coming Friday, hope it all happens that day!!!

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
your TVS with the tune, could you tell me where the slam back in the seat power hits really RPM wise just to get an idea of how its guna be... I like the shelby, its just the SC I wish would boost like at 2500 rpm lol? any way to do so?

:) tomorrow is upgrade day, YAHH!!

DutyCalls

Established Member
your TVS with the tune, could you tell me where the slam back in the seat power hits really RPM wise just to get an idea of how its guna be... I like the shelby, its just the SC I wish would boost like at 2500 rpm lol? any way to do so?

:) tomorrow is upgrade day, YAHH!!

Well how does 560 RWTQ at 2500 sound? ...it pulls pretty hard anytime after that.

DSC_0533.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread