Tunes for Tracked Bosses

cloud9

Established Member
I'm planning coated LTs, X-pipe and tune this winter and have been researching options. It seems the number of tuners that have tuned more than a handful (or less) of Boss 302s is small, which isn't surprising since there aren't all that many on the road, let alone being tracked. Since none of the major Mustang tuners are near me I'll be going the "mail order" route.

I'm specifically looking for feedback from those that are tracking their cars in a road race environment that have at least 1000 miles on track in a tuned Boss. I'm not looking for MAX peak power like you'd be after when drag racing, but am looking for the significant hp boost we know LTs and an X pipe can produce on these cars, and also being able to eliminate the associated cat efficiency CEL.

I'm basically looking to keep the tune safe for 30 minute thrashings while still gaining the easy HP that's available with LTs and an O/R X. I'm also curious if you've raised your rev limiter. I've been battling heat issues on the track since Day 1 with the Boss, and higher revs will likely mean exponentially higher heat. It's mainly the water temps as I've gotten oil to settle in the 230-240 range. Completely removing the grille usually keeps coolant in the 230-240 range as well, but can exceed 250 with it in place.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i would give a call to roush/yates engines in mooresville. they do all the work on jack roush jr's grand am boss 302r program. they know the engines and their road racing technology understanding is probably unmatched in the aftermarket.

cloud9

Established Member
i would give a call to roush/yates engines in mooresville. they do all the work on jack roush jr's grand am boss 302r program. they know the engines and their road racing technology understanding is probably unmatched in the aftermarket.

Will do. I just saw this too. Depending on gains, may just stick with TK tune and a full Kooks exhaust.....

KOOKS GESI - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread