Tuning a few bolt-ons on a 99 cobra

Camino90

Established Member
hi guys, im new to this tuning thing so i thought i would ask for some of your expertise. I have a 99 cobra with bbk LT and H pipe and flowmasters. aslo FRPK intake and i have an SCT X3 tuner that i got with 3 custom tunes from BAMA.

Can i get ant more power by tweaking the tune? also what other mods do u recommend? Looking at nitrous too.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It depends on what options Bama left open. To completely tweak the tune you need the Pro Racer Package. If you have a wideband you can adjust the A/F if it's off. And you might be able to tweak the timing a little. Your best bet would be to put it on a dyno and adjust it. But like I said before, that's if they left the options open.

If you get nitrous you might want to look into a custom tune to go with it.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Most tunes are Locked by Tuner except for a few end user parameters...gear ratio, fuel enrichment a few % points, revs/mile, Rev limiter ect...otherwise..

people would buy one tune and spread it like music with everyone simply tweaking a good tune..well maybe not that simple but you get the idea

Camino90

Established Member
well on my sct i looked into the adjust options when i select the tune i want that is preloaded and it says i can adjust spark through each rpm range and globally. Also it says i can adjust fuel at WOT. Wouldnt those be the only thing i need to tweak the tune a little? Im lookin at getting a wideband so i can see what my A/F is. What is the best ratio for the max power?

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
well on my sct i looked into the adjust options when i select the tune i want that is preloaded and it says i can adjust spark through each rpm range and globally. Also it says i can adjust fuel at WOT. Wouldnt those be the only thing i need to tweak the tune a little? Im lookin at getting a wideband so i can see what my A/F is. What is the best ratio for the max power?
It looks as though they left the options available. If I were you, I would just get a custom tune.

In regards to the "best ratio", you are going to have to get the car on a dyno and see how it responds. There are a few as a suggestion on a NA car and they will vary, I would suggest mid 12's.

Again, the above is a suggestion, you need to data-log and validate.

Users who are viewing this thread