Tuning/data logging question

Jonberlin

Established Member
I accumulated quite few parts over the winter and will get them installed soon.
I have headers, throttle body, offroad x-pipe cai and a sct3 tuner (with bama tunes for life) My question is how to go about the tune??
Do I inform bama ahead of the installs or do I get the stuff installed and then call Bama?? Also thinking aed, how does it work there??
I want to do it right the first time and not drive around "unsafe"
Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm new to mustangs and tuners...
Also what kind of laptop do I need?? Mine won't hold charge and wandering if a simple notebook would work... I'm using my iPad for everything online and would h e to by something...

Thanks,
Jonny

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would definitely inform your tuner, whether it be Bama or AED, ahead of time so they can send you a base tune in which to start the car with no codes and running in okay parameters so you can begin datalogging.

As far as the laptop, anything with Windows XP, Windows Vista (LOL), and Windows 7 are ideal. Just make sure that it has a couple of USB ports, and you will also need to download the LiveLink Gen II software from SCT's website. This should also install all of the drivers needed for the laptop to communicate with the SCT handheld.

Also just take a few tips from here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ad-your-sct-x3-sf3-handheld.html#post13644908

Jonberlin

Established Member
Thanks for the info!!!!
So I email bama/aed my specs. Like 2011 GT M6 3.55 gears with the following upgrades...........
Get base tune, install parts, load base tune, data log, get revised tune, be happy!!??
That's how it would ideally work!!?? Lol

Jonny

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Thanks for the info!!!!

So I email bama/aed my specs. Like 2011 GT M6 3.55 gears with the following upgrades...........

Get base tune, install parts, load base tune, data log, get revised tune, be happy!!??

That's how it would ideally work!!?? Lol

Jonny

Yup. AED, and I'm sure Bama, will probably ask a few other questions such as tire size, and fuel to be used, etc to help get things narrowed down.

Users who are viewing this thread