tuning & diagnostics II

Anabolic

Banned
SO
Well for some reason after my main seal repair my EGR monitors set, i got mil eliminators my Heated 02/02 monitors set now too. I only drove 20 miles catalyst should be turned off because i bought the car with a tuner & offroad midpipe..
Anywho onto the question.
The egr monitors set & im throwing code p0406, I have headers & the pipe is there & intact, do you think my header would be causing this? is there any easy fixes?

Last edited:

Avispa

Established Member
It's ok to disconnect the EGR system and have its codes turned off in the tune, but leave that PCV system connected!! It causes NO power loss and keeps the crankcase with less accumulation of water vapor and water soluble contaminants. What do you think is in combustion gas? Water vapor. It mixed with the small amount of burned sulphur in gasoline to make sulfuric acid. If you make lots of short trips where the oil never gets to operating temperature, that acid will sit in the crankcase and eventually damage the crank and rod bearing surfaces on the crankshaft, not to mention the cylinder walls.

Not to mention your blower rotors will thank you for having some oil mist enter the intake.

Anabolic

Banned
pcv's already gone sir.
P0406 Exhaust gas recirculation sensor A circuit high

I was messing with the DPFE when i took the valve cover off.. like i unplugged it and removed the one line going to it, now it doesnt seem to want to kick the code. Everything is plugged back in, would this give me rough light gas driving? or is that because i gapped the plugs alittle to wide this time?
stupid ? but im not getting p0406 from the plugs being wider right.... i gapped to .036 never heard of that throwing a code.

edit again: is there any way of cleaning the dpfe out? can i spray MAF cleaner in the thing? or EGR valve?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread