tuning help needed

bender460

Established Member
Were I live there is no dynos avalable for tuning so I will use a Maf EFPC and a wideband O2 data loger. My ? is what should my air/fuel ratio be? I have read and read but have not found:( I know that 12-1 is good on a Dynojet but only on a dyno jet since the proper load isn't aplied to the rollers. Any help would be great.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
EGR Temp is a good way to go. This Gauge reads how well ur burning fuel. Just like the Dyno. 13:1 is 1300 which is lean & 12:1 is 1200 degrees Rich.

Only bad catch is that the EGR sender unit is about 125.00 alone. U place it 6inches after the collector (manifold).

Wiring is same thing like all the other meters. 1 power, 1 negative, 1 light switch. EGR comes with 2 sets of wires. both to the Gauge.

This is if u dont have a shop around u. The other A/F Gauges are said to be off a bit & wont give u the numbers u'd like to see.

Hope this helps.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
I like my a/f's around 11.4-11.7. It's very safe and we have seen the cars run faster in the 1/4 running a liittle richer. I feel the extra fuel helps cool the charge.

Rick

davidmax

Established Member
!!.5:1 is great as long as you have no lean or pig rich spots through the rpm range.I feel bad you have no dyno to at least check your results.If warranty isnt a problem perhaps the dealer may be able to help you.Dave S.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Bender,
If you haven't ordered it yet, I would wait for their Version 2.0.
The current version uses an expensive and sometimes difficult to find O2 sensor. $190 for the last one I bought.

The V 2.0 is supposed to use a more readily available sensor that is also cheaper.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread