tuning places in jersey

cobravenom99

Established Member
hey guys i was wondering if anyone knows any good and reliable places i can get my 99 cobra dynoed and tuned up here in New Jersey, cause i dont know of any places myself cause im new to cobras and im looking for a place that knows cobras well.... thanks.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
forget both of the above suggestions.

you want Kevin Hand of wicked motorsports/Difeo Ford. He is the best, bar none.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
If you are interested in some unbiased opinions you might want to post a Q on http://www.teamcjmf.com. Nice bunch of folks in the Central Jersey Mustang & Fords club. They've used JDM for their annual dyno days in the past. They would have the latest skinny.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Look at All About Performance (AAP) too. Did a dyno day there and I know people that had work done and they seemed satisfied.

Quadcammer

Established Member
If you are interested in some unbiased opinions you might want to post a Q on http://www.teamcjmf.com. Nice bunch of folks in the Central Jersey Mustang & Fords club. They've used JDM for their annual dyno days in the past. They would have the latest skinny.

rotfl, yes, a bunch of mustang people that live 10 minutes from JDM are certainly going to be unbiased. I wouldn't be surprised if JDM sponsors some of their events.

Jim D'Amore doesn't hold a candle to Kevin in terms of tuning knowledge, and treatment of customers. Kevin actually explains EVERYTHING and wants the customer to be more knowledgeable. Jim says, heres your tune, its perfect, see ya.

There is no comparison.

cobravenom99

Established Member
my car is pretty much stock except for my flowmaster catbacks, how much do think it will cost me cause i want to do a baseline. I plan on gettting headers and an off road pipe, soon but im not sure if i should have some one tune it for me after the headers, or buy a handheld tuner?

tjs98gt

Established Member
Kevin Hand at Wicked Motorsports/Difeo Ford. If you want his #, PM me. i wouldnt go to anyone else in the area. They are located out of Jersey City, formally located in Brick until about a month or 2 ago

Quadcammer

Established Member
my car is pretty much stock except for my flowmaster catbacks, how much do think it will cost me cause i want to do a baseline. I plan on gettting headers and an off road pipe, soon but im not sure if i should have some one tune it for me after the headers, or buy a handheld tuner?

then at this point, you don't really need a tune, and you will have to make some changes for your headers.

Id probably get it dyno'ed now, then add the exhaust, and then get a tune.

281CJ

Established Member
JDM in NJ has a great rep
Lund has an amazing rep
AAP is a great over all shop, but i don't know anyone tuned there, so I wont comment on that, but the guys there are really nice.

cobravenom99

Established Member
so u think i should jus get it dynoed to see my baseline? or should i jus wait for everything until i get my headers and o/r pipe. by the way i heard headers are a pain on these cars, i could problably do it , but anyone know how much it would be to hav them installed?

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
rotfl, yes, a bunch of mustang people that live 10 minutes from JDM are certainly going to be unbiased. I wouldn't be surprised if JDM sponsors some of their events.

Jim D'Amore doesn't hold a candle to Kevin in terms of tuning knowledge, and treatment of customers. Kevin actually explains EVERYTHING and wants the customer to be more knowledgeable. Jim says, heres your tune, its perfect, see ya.

There is no comparison.

Nice to hear you actually explain your biase instead of just being overtly contrary (as usual). Now the man's got some information to go on. Actually, a "bunch" of Mustang people (CJMF members are from all over the state) constitutes more than just one man's opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread