tuning the A6 5.0

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
So I have a 2015 6R80 5.0 and am on the fence about tuning it. Currently the car has 500 miles. From my understanding the auto is giving some tuners trouble. I spoke with Eric Brooks and he said he is almost 100% on getting his auto cars to be perfect. Any success stories out there? AED tuned my last car and I am let down he won't tune the '15 yet.

bunk22

Established Member
I have a 2015 GT Auto (premium with 3.55 gears) with a tune from Bama and I'm very critical of my tunes. I started modding my cars back in 1995 with my 1995 Mustang GTS with h/c/i/supercharger, 03 Cobra, 05 C6 Corvette, 2012 Mustang GT and now my current ride. I've seen bad tunes and great tunes and with that said, I will say that my car runs fantastic, shifts great, idles perfect, no acceleration hesitation, and has very quick shifts in the sport and race modes when paddle shifting. My only other mod other than the tune is a JLT CAI. My future goals are Kooks full exhaust, just like my last mustang.

So as I mentioned, my last car was a 2012 Mustang GT 6-speed that had a C&L, full Kooks exhaust...1 3/4" headers, x-pipe with cats, cat-back. Now being a 6-speed, it's difficult to compare with a 6-speed auto and it had an AED tune. Before that tune, it had a Steeda tune and the Steeda tune left a lot to be desired. The AED tune was excellent, my 12 ran fantastic with the help of AED's data logging and tuning. At the time, I also read about Bama tunes and though it being the internet, I felt they were not the right company to go with at the time.

So fast forward to March of this year and I was looking for a tuner, asked around and the Bama internet marketing guy sold me on a Bama tune for my auto. He said they were under new management and though I was really hesitant I went with them anyway. Now I'm not going to go into Bama's customer service...I'll just say it's not that good, they should and can do better, no excuses. However, as far as their tune, I am impressed as to how the car runs. Granted, I have no track times as there are no tracks in my area and I'm just not into running that much anymore and no before and after dyno runs. I'm not concerned with dyno numbers either though I suppose it would show before and after gains. I've bolted on a supercharger, going from no boost to 11lbs of boost, adding 150rwhp so just a tune has never felt like a whole lot to me. Anyway, I will say that if and when AED comes out with tuning for the 15 GT's, I will most likely pay for his tune. His customer service has always been top notch IMO and from my experience, his tunes spot on. But until then, I am happy with my current Bama tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread