Turbo = Better MPG?

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Hey i wanna upgrade to either a hellion single or twin(w/motor work) but i was thinking, would i get better MPG with turbo? i wanna get a super Conservative boost/Oct "economy" tune and a "race" tune, something like a 91 or 87 tune running around 4-6#'s for economy and then another tune for 93oct and 14#+ for when i wanna go out and race

i heard claims of up to 30mpg highway with turbo cobras on low boost/staying out of boost rpm, is this true?

any info/facts would be appreciated

svt2ner

Established Member
Turbos are usually more efficient, but I have no experience with it, await the turbo guys.

Rock SVT

Established Member
Hey i wanna upgrade to either a hellion single or twin(w/motor work) but i was thinking, would i get better MPG with turbo? i wanna get a super Conservative boost/Oct "economy" tune and a "race" tune, something like a 91 or 87 tune running around 4-6#'s for economy and then another tune for 93oct and 14#+ for when i wanna go out and race

i heard claims of up to 30mpg highway with turbo cobras on low boost/staying out of boost rpm, is this true?

any info/facts would be appreciated

As far as the question will you get better fuel economy? Yes, your not having to spin the blower. (just for reference) It would be like taking a clutch fan off and putting an electric fan on. It takes drag off of the motor so mileage would definately improve. Now how much would it improve I have no idea. But yes turbo's are nice. You could have an electronic boost controller then you could change your tune and boost without ever stepping out of the car. That's nice!! :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread