Turbo civic murders me!!

Cobie03

Established Member
I was on my way to some street racing action in CT. where I hear this guy in a black early 90's honda civic hatchback talking crap about mustangs and F-body's saying they are the cars of yesterday and they are to heavy to be fast. He said something about my car and I go over to him and say what do you have under the hood? Told me it was turbocharged and he would easily put 8 cars on me. I called B.S. about the 8 cars but he showed me the turbo. He would only line up with me for $200 so I agreed. Waited for the guy to drop his hands and I took off with a great launch (gotta love Nitto DR's) got about a car and half on him. Shifted the one two and he starting pulling even on me,I was like holy crap!! After I shifted to third somebody please explain to me why he went past me like I was standing still:eek: ! By the time the race was over he put probably close to 4 cars on me and had my $200 I felt like:xpl: . Talked to the guy and claims to have over 400rwhp. He didn't take it to the track but plans to this year. I was ashamed and I embaraced all of my fellow mustang brothers. I am sorry guys, I lost to a f@#%ing honda!! I must say 400rwhp in that light of a car is very damn fast!! I went home after that and hoped it was a nightmare in the morning; it wasn't.
Time for either a supercharger or Turbo! :rockon:

ouchies........good death though, gotta watch it for those turbo'ed ricers, lightweight+turbo=freakin quick.....i had a similar experience with a 98 eclipse gs that was turbo'ed, cept i beat him by a bumper....i was still in utter shock, hearing that turbo spool freaked the hell outta me........scared me too cus i had a chick in the car:(

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobie03
Talked to the guy and claims to have over 400rwhp.
That would be fwhp, lol. Good Death. Get that Vortech (or ProCharger) and you'll be the one laughing.

03kobra

Established Member
i lost to a similar honda, it was a hb. he had a messed up trans but i raced him once and won, went dbl or nothing, won, went again for dbl and lost by at least 5 cars, he finally hit 3rd gear!

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I would have at least asked him how much boost he was running, and if he would accompany me to the gas station, to fill her up, before running for money- I mean poweradder anything has a potential to be very fast- live and learn.

Last edited:

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
The very reason I ordered my Supercharger soon after the purchase of my car I wanted to minimize the chance of having an experience like that. Invest in an intercooled ATI and go get that $200 back!

99GTP guy

Established Member
Dang man sorry to hear that. Not trying to flame you but if you just have an NA 01 with a few boltons why would you race for 200 bucks. You should have had an 150 shot just incase. I saw someone else on here that runs low 12's with the juice. Take care bro. Like E-green said you live and learn.

nsxmatt

Established Member
It's going to take more than a 150 shot to stay up with the Civic. You'll still only be up to his whp but he'll have a 1000lbs advantage. I wouldn't worry about it though, there is always someone faster. Guy in the Civic sounded a little rude though.

Future 5.0

Established Member
Just another excuss to buy the big power adder that you were looking into:lol: Run what you brung, and hope you brung enough

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
don't worry, it happens to the best of us. all we can do is modify our cars more and hope for the best. hondas must die!

FLYNLO

Established Member
What I wanna know is how in the hell do he hook it??? The weight transfer doesn't allow that much power to the wheels from a dead dig.....al he would do is spin. I have lost to a CRX running over 20psi on a B18 from a 60mph roll. Then I said let's go from a dig and he immediately forfeited saying there was no way he could hook it....just curious how this guy did

Wicked

Established Member
Don't feel bad. I have a friend that runs about 20 psi on his CRX. He ran low 12's at 115 last time out at only about 14 psi. Don't underestimate what they can do.

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
I raced a turbo civic the other day, I was toying with him and then said f##k it and took off. He was running 14 psi and I had him by 8-10 cars. Later he posted on Cincinnati Street Racing saying that he couldnt believe the torque and HP of the L's. He said he was running between 12-14 psi and couldnt even catch up. :p You got to love smoking rice, especially in a truck!!!:rockon: :rockon: :burnout: :smmon:

TRDmolestsSVT

wow......a 400hp civic, I guess that's good..............if you are a 90 year old granma. I on the other hand have a 1700hp solara that will smoke any SVT out there. My kills include Saleen S7, Ferrari Enzo, and I lost to a McLaren by a bumper, but that was because one of my wheelie bars broke. But other wise I'm probably one of the fastest cars on my street.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Those things can be light especially stripped out. I don't know how he hooked up so good so quick though being fwd. Sorry about the 200 bucks lost, the other guys gave you some pointers to consider next time.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Originally posted by TRDmolestsSVT
wow......a 400hp civic, I guess that's good..............if you are a 90 year old granma. I on the other hand have a 1700hp solara that will smoke any SVT out there. My kills include Saleen S7, Ferrari Enzo, and I lost to a McLaren by a bumper, but that was because one of my wheelie bars broke. But other wise I'm probably one of the fastest cars on my street.
Shut the hell up!

Outlaw Cowboy

Glowing Horse Penis
Established Member
Yeah it may have 400hp, but think how much money he had to dump into it to get it there. Not to mention at the end of the day, he's still driving a Honda Civic.

Users who are viewing this thread