Turbo Focus testing new BOV

wjk

Established Member
Nice ride, I bet that surprises a lot of people!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
That's one ****ed up harness setup:

IMG_1209.jpg

:eek:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Could have done without the first 30 seconds of that vid, but it sounds good.

And what's with the harness?

Last edited:

smithboy76908

Mid-Atlantic Domestics
Established Member
That was a temporary setup, I have a harness bar in it now. That picture is close to 2 years old and was taken more to show the gutted interior. I think it was that way for maybe 3 days while I was having the bar powdercoated and I think I drove it maybe once like that.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
wow, thats nice, i'm debating into getting a 2002 SVTF or a 87 Thunderbird TurboCoupe for daily driving.... RWD>FWD :shrug: 1987<2002

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
That was a temporary setup, I have a harness bar in it now. That picture is close to 2 years old and was taken more to show the gutted interior. I think it was that way for maybe 3 days while I was having the bar powdercoated and I think I drove it maybe once like that.

Still not a good idea if you ever roll that thing. :shrug:

smithboy76908

Mid-Atlantic Domestics
Established Member
Still not a good idea if you ever roll that thing. :shrug:

I know. I don't autocross it anymore though and I'm not too big on taking corners fast so it's not as much of a concern. I'm pretty careful with it though.

is that like a bypass/blow off combo?

Yes, it basically has 2 stages. The initial opening of the valve recircs the air to satisfy the maf and once it's past about 1/3 the way open, it sends the rest out the trumpet to atmosphere. In the video you can pretty much only hear the atmospheric side opening but from in the car, you can hear the initial crack of the recirc side venting followed immediately by the KaWOOSH of the atmospheric side.

Users who are viewing this thread