Turbo question

Black96vert

Established Member
I am wanting to eventually turbo my 96 cobra with 112k. However, I do not want to do this all at once. I was wanting to build my motor for turbo and then put the turbo on later. The place where I get my work done said the car is not going to run the best when it is setup for turbo but does not have a turbo on it. I was thinking about buying another 96-98 cobra motor and building it up and keep my motor original. Then buying the turbo kit and having it put on. Have this done in stages so it does not hit my wallet all at once. What do you think about that or should I get a different motor to build. Also, if I get longtubes before the turbo is done will I have a problem with keeping them with a turbo setup. I just do not want to have to change out exhaust stuff later since I know the turbo runs off exhaust.

Thanks,

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Don't purchase longtubes. They're not retained with turbocharged setups.

As far as building an engine is concerned, it's your choice really. An engine setup for a turbocharged application will run fine while naturally aspirated given the proper tune, just don't expect it to be fast.

Users who are viewing this thread