Turbo Sentra Spec-V goes down

AF EOD

Established Member
Just driving down the road friday night I notice 2 Spec-V sentras running side by side, I pull up behind them. Both of them pushed it and I kept up with them (not full throttle). Once one of them pulls ahead of the other, I pull up on him. He knows immediately that I wanted to run. He revs, I rev, he punched it at about 40mph. I throw it in second and start pullin him by the end of second I had 1 1/2 cars on him, I hit third and started pulling even more. We ran into traffic and headed different directions.

I met the driver a few days previous, he works at an aftermarket parts store in the area. He told me he was pushin 23 lbs and had a little over 300 horses.
This was my first real kill since I got my car 2 weeks ago. Hope this doesn't bore you too much.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good stuff man. that how most of my stories are too. quick little runs.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I had one pull a Ricer flyby on me before I pullied mine last year. He had about a 3 or 4 second start before I got on it. I couldn't catch him by 140 so I let him go, too much traffic. Pretty quick little cars when modded. I'd have liked to go at him on a roll without the huge headstart but I never saw him again.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
AF EOD said:
Just driving down the road friday night I notice 2 Spec-V sentras running side by side, I pull up behind them. Both of them pushed it and I kept up with them (not full throttle). Once one of them pulls ahead of the other, I pull up on him. He knows immediately that I wanted to run. He revs, I rev, he punched it at about 40mph. I throw it in second and start pullin him by the end of second I had 1 1/2 cars on him, I hit third and started pulling even more. We ran into traffic and headed different directions.

I met the driver a few days previous, he works at an aftermarket parts store in the area. He told me he was pushin 23 lbs and had a little over 300 horses.
This was my first real kill since I got my car 2 weeks ago. Hope this doesn't bore you too much.

He was bullshittin' you with that 23lbs crap. The motor in those cars (QR25/2.5 liter) are probably one of the least turbo-friendly motors Nissan has made in its history. Besides, at 7.5lbs of boost, the major turbo kits for that motor make about 260-270WHP with similar TQ, and about 290WHP, 280WTQ at 8lbs--which is the recommended max. If he REALLY was running 23lbs of boost, he'd be around 500+ HP, and would have been walking away from you instead (IF he ever gets traction).

Users who are viewing this thread