turbo van vs zr1

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
full size turbo chevy van vs new corvette zr1. That van is nearly 7000lbs! :lol1:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAa7Dsq15Oc&feature=related"]YouTube- Turbo Van Kills ZR1[/ame]

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
hahhahaha thats awesome reminds me of when i put a 100 shot on my friends moms car and went to the races... killed every ricer lol

Jarrett H

Established Member
That was staged. Not only did the ZR1 sleep at the tree, he coasted until the van was half way down the track. Kewl van though

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
That was staged. Not only did the ZR1 sleep at the tree, he coasted until the van was half way down the track. Kewl van though

wrong there. they backed it up with another run later that night. so you think the vette wasnt racing huh?:bored:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsbqXKLXN0&feature=related"]YouTube- Turbo Van Doing It Again[/ame]

Jarrett H

Established Member
lol either the zr1 driver was letting the van get in front of him so he could try and real him in, or he is possibly the worst driver in history. The car sits there and there is no throttle or engine noise. Then all of a sudden braaaaaaaaaaaaap. A zr1 will run a 12 at 1/4 throttle with a half water half 93 octane in the tank.

There is no dispute the van runs 13s, just that to run a high 13 in a zr1 you must be using spare donuts for the rear tires.

wrong there. they backed it up with another run later that night. so you think the vette wasnt racing huh?:bored:

YouTube- Turbo Van Doing It Again

Last edited:

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
lol these videos are stupid... they didn't beat the zr1, they beat quite possibly the worst driver in the history of driving... 13's in a zr1???? 13's in any 2005+ corvette........... comon...

This is like those people that pass you after you have been slowing down then say they won...

Turbobrick

Outside Agitator
Established Member
lol these videos are stupid... they didn't beat the zr1, they beat quite possibly the worst driver in the history of driving... 13's in a zr1???? 13's in any 2005+ corvette........... common...

This is like those people that pass you after you have been slowing down then say they won...

There fixed it for ya! :rolling:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Cool van, no doubt, but like every owner with a one-off cool build, there is shit not being said.. For instance.. no 4L80E transmission is gonna stall up to 5,000+ rpms leaving the line like this one does.. the van has at least a wicked loose convertor +/or a transbrake

2nd.. the vid of beating the ZR1 again, was the exact duplicate race of the first vid.. complete with THE SAME ****ING PEOPLE sitting there, combined with the fact the "V8" mustang kill @ 1:55 in the 2nd vid is clearly a 4L 6 cylinder car which leads me to believe that none of the vids claimed mods of the cars he raced can be taken seriously. After all the only car that trapped under 100mph stock in that vid was the foxbody, every other car outtraps the van factory stock. I guess treeing the shit out of horrible drivers goes along way! Hell a van with just a turbo/factory cam replacement beat the top of the line 130mph chevy supercar!

Cool build none the less. It's a party van that runs low 13's! Deadly consistency is a plus too.

Last edited:

Turbobrick

Outside Agitator
Established Member
What I don't get is anyone having anything negative to say about a ****ing GMC Safari , with a TURBO. What isn't cool about that? And of course that guy wasn't driving the shit out of that ZR1 but it still makes for a hilarious video of a van outrunning a Corvette. But then again I forgot how serious all this business is.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think that's hilarious - kudos to the folks who put together that van. Going AWD was also a crucial choice to keep it from spinning off the line.

jleews6

Established Member
I think that van has run well into the 12s in Vegas. It would probably run low 12s at a sea level track.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread