Turbo vs Pro charger

MINI_ME

Established Member
Well I wanted to turbo my car but I was just up on ebay and there is Procharger P1SC w/3 core intercooler going for $2500. brand new. What is your guy's thoughts? Is that a good price for the complete kit? and is it a good kit? Thanks for any info:rockon:

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Is the kit new? What type of feedback, i recently went that route and decided against it. Look in my avatar, Twin Turbo! and you'll be into a supercharger fairly close to the same price since you'll need some little mods that add up. Good price but i'd be weary. Some guy almost got me on a vortech, if you buy it only do a COD if he says no, then sucks for him - GO TURBO!

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Also the P1SC will limit your future potential, I can upgrade all the way to twin T66 turbos, thats plenty to get around 800-1000 HP or more, you'd eventually have to get the D1SC and after you buy a kit the upgrade from what i've heard is like 1100 bucks, Up to you. I researched alot on procharger and other kits for my car, dropping over 5k wasn't easy but well worth it!

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Originally posted by tommyhil4_6
Also the P1SC will limit your future potential, I can upgrade all the way to twin T66 turbos, thats plenty to get around 800-1000 HP or more, you'd eventually have to get the D1SC and after you buy a kit the upgrade from what i've heard is like 1100 bucks, Up to you. I researched alot on procharger and other kits for my car, dropping over 5k wasn't easy but well worth it!

I have the P1SC on my 2002 Corvette and I am pushing 645 RWHP. (Forged LS6 Blower Motor). I think the ATI P1SC is a very good blower unit. It is also CARB certified (for us Peoples Republik of Kalifornia cars)

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
From what i've heard from Michael Kidd (663 rwhp GT) he stated the P1SC on a GT will only be good for amid 400's max - the D1sc would be the way to go and it's only a 300 dollar upgrade, but on an auction like that there is no such option. BTW, your corvetter is the Sh*t, one day I only hope to be that fast :rockon:

MINI_ME

Established Member
oooooo I did'nt know it was only good for about 450 on a GT, I am lookin to get around 650 after I get my new short block so it looks like turbo's once again!:bowdown: :rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread