Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Back BPV?

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
I have a Vortech V2 SQ kit on my car that is making 5psi but would otherwise be making 11psi if it wasn't for the plastic Bosch BPV that is shot.

While trying to find a replacement, I came across the Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Back BPV in 25mm. It would fit directly into the plumbing for the Bosch and seems like it would do the trick. Does anyone know anything about these? I couldn't find jack squat about them besides for Mazdas. Has anyone ever put one on a Vortech?

Turbosmart says they are intended for 6 cylinder motors or less that make 600 hp or less. On the website, Turbosmart says, "Fits most cars using the factory BOSCH or DENSO bypass valve". I figure the BPV doesn't know WTF its bolted too and will run as long as the PSI going through it is within its tolerances, plus I have a shitty Bosch on mine.

I feel like I should be wearing a flame suit and am missing some here..:burn:

Last edited:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Nobody?? Well hell, I'm going to buy one because I can't find **** about them. They seem to make sense. I'll post my findings back in case anyone was wondering. It will be about a week or 2...

Last edited:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Well I put the thing on, and now my car makes no boost -_-. You can hear the bypass valve opening under any kind of throttle and will will just blow off any air above 0 psi...... Its a brand new bypass valve, so IDK wtf is up with it. Any suggestions?

The valve cannot be adjust, and it is a simple spring/piston setup. The spring may not be the right tension, but even if it wasn't, it should still hold some boost, not 0.... FML

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
Should of bought my mini race!

But seriously. You sure there isn't a cut or knick in the vacuum line? Or that the vacuum isn't being sucked shut or thy the bypass is hooked up in the correct direction

Not trying to belittle you or anything just asking the questions.

Users who are viewing this thread