Turn off cops' lights while your driving?

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
Well my friend and I were driving down the freeway the other night and someone had gotten pulled over, I pointed it out to my friend, who was driving, he got all happy goes 'watch this', as we passed the cop my friend shifted into neutral and the cops' lights and siren both turned off

I was in amazement and ever since have been doing the same thing every time I pass a cop that has their lights/siren on

anyone else ever heard of this or tried it out??

ty

Last edited:

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
Cliff Notes

while passing a cop with his lights turn on if you shift into neutral their lights turn off (as long as your close to them, i.e. one lane over).

why does this happen?

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Am I the only one that has absolutely no idea what was just said? WTF are you trying to spell/write out? It seems that you need to double check your post... tard.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Here... let me explain what I THINK you are trying to say. You drive by a police car on the shoulder that has it's lights on. As you pass the police car, you shifted your automatic tranny into neutral. Immediately after doing so, the police cars lights turn off.

Soooo, is that what you were trying to say? If so, how many times have you done this? And has it worked EVERY time?

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
Originally posted by REPOEDsDIME
Here... let me explain what I THINK you are trying to say. You drive by a police car on the shoulder that has it's lights on. As you pass the police car, you shifted your automatic tranny into neutral. Immediately after doing so, the police cars lights turn off.

Soooo, is that what you were trying to say? If so, how many times have you done this? And has it worked EVERY time?

Yeah that was what I was trying to say... it has worked eevry time for me too, I have done this to about 5 cars... I asked my Dad, who is a sheriff, why this happeend and he said he ahd never heard of it before

ragshockey88

Established Member
i understand what ur trying to say but i cant understand why the hell their lights would turn off when u put ur car in neutral......................

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
buckle%20up%20thread.gif

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
just try it next time you are driving and pop up in a situation where a cop is pulled over onto the shoulder of a freeway with their lights on and as you are passing them shift into neutral, see if it works for you, I don't understand why it does, but it has for me everytime I have tried... so far

ERre23

Established Member
The lights don't go off. When the police stop a car they turn the red and blue lights on the front of the car off, but not the back. They just use the spotlights on the front. So really you arent turning any lights off. The cop just turned the front ones off. Try and find a cop when the two of you are in different cars. The second person to drive by will see the the rear lights stay on.

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
I'm talking about the light bar on top of the car... please dont flame me unless you have tried... I was just posting to see if anyone had an explanation as to why this happens, try it and see if it happens with you too, then post back before you flame me.

I thought about them turning of their lights too, but after 5 times of their light bar being turned off, two of which the cop was out of the car, I ruled that out.

ERre23

Established Member
I know you are talking aboutthe light bar. The front and back of the light bar can be controlled separately. I'm not flaming either, just helping.

Users who are viewing this thread