turn signal problem

peterpan

It all started when my passenger rear turn signal light went out. When I went to replace the bulb the socket was all melted and charred. I bought a new socket and bulb and realized that the turn signal works when the lights are not on. When the lights are on just the passenger side rear tail light doesn't work. I don't know what to do and need help before I get a ticket.

Matt95L

Established Member
Did you check all the wiring going back to the rear lights to make sure something else didn't get fried(Relay,wire,etc.).Personally unless you're an experienced mechanic i'd take it to a shop and have them take a look at it.It sounds like a fire hazzard to me.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i would definately look for a wire grounding out somewhere. inside the turn signal housings or along the bottom of the bed at the rear somewhere.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
ezernut9mm said:
i would definately look for a wire grounding out somewhere. inside the turn signal housings or along the bottom of the bed at the rear somewhere.
I concur, seems like yo have a wiring problem, bet a wire rubbed bare ...

peterpan

wires are pretty messed up. i think it's the light bulb! i'm gonna check on it with my dealer see if he could replace it with a new one, for free!

32VMACH1

Established Member
peterpan said:
It all started when my passenger rear turn signal light went out. When I went to replace the bulb the socket was all melted and charred. I bought a new socket and bulb and realized that the turn signal works when the lights are not on. When the lights are on just the passenger side rear tail light doesn't work. I don't know what to do and need help before I get a ticket.

You may just be low on Turn signal (blinker) fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread