TV - Input Lag

Mainn

Established Member
Hey all,

I just got a new television but for some reason whenever I play games like Call of Duty, I have input lag. What I mean by this is when I move the analog stick on my PS3 controller, it takes about half a second to react on the screen. I have tried turning on game mode and that doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's a Samsung, no idea what make it is. It was a TV that we've had for about 3 years. It works fine except for this dang input lag. It's annoying.

Thanks,

Mainn

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
A lot of TVs have this, for reasons I'm not sure of. There is a way to turn this off for gaming though. You'll have to Google search your TV, or look through your TV for a gaming mode and switch it to a different setting. Maybe the setting you tried isn't the correct one.

What model of Samsung do you have?

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Thats strange. My Toshiba has GAME MODE which usually takes care of that. Your best bet is to google your model number and input lag. Keep us posted.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Usually there is a 'GAME MODE' . Just switch over to that and you should be fine. May have to adjust brightness and what not again but it'll make it normal.

This is happening to everyone now because all the high end TV's are 240hz / 400hz/ 600hz and so on.

120hz and under, no adjustments are needed.

Mainn

Established Member
A lot of TVs have this, for reasons I'm not sure of. There is a way to turn this off for gaming though. You'll have to Google search your TV, or look through your TV for a gaming mode and switch it to a different setting. Maybe the setting you tried isn't the correct one.

What model of Samsung do you have?

I wish I knew the model, but I don't. It's a 32" and it's about 3/4 years old, that's all I know.

When I go through my options, when I go to 'Game Mode' there is only the options on and off.

My old TV didn't do this, so I know it's definitely in the TV.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
what are you using for video connectivity (HDMI, components, etc)?

I turn any sort of framerate enhancement or motion blur off for gaming. I game mostly on my 120hz 42" Vizio 1080p LCD..

Mainn

Established Member
what are you using for video connectivity (HDMI, components, etc)?

I turn any sort of framerate enhancement or motion blur off for gaming. I game mostly on my 120hz 42" Vizio 1080p LCD..

I'm using regular composite cables.

I Googled my model number and input lag and couldn't find anything.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
My guess is that it's all the image processing that modern TV's do which is introducing this lag.

Turn all of it off and it should help. Try "game mode" if your TV has it.

rancid

Established Member
My guess is that it's all the image processing that modern TV's do which is introducing this lag.

Turn all of it off and it should help. Try "game mode" if your TV has it.

This plus rename the input to PC if possible (sounds dumb but fixes many tvs bc it turns off all processing) or switch it to that mode if no game setting.

Make sure smooth motion is off as well if your tv has it.

Mainn

Established Member
I'll try renaming the input to PC. I've already tried turning on game mode and it hasn't helped. My TV doesn't have a smooth motion setting either. I've turned off as much image processing as I can in the settings.

Mainn

Established Member
Try HDMI? Tried different slots/input areas? Different cables?

I don't have an HDMI cable, or different composite cables. However, it worked perfectly fine on my other TV so it's not the cable. I'll try plugging it into a different slot and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread