TVS 5.0 vs KB Cobra

WSsick

Established Member
A friend's brother just picked up the 5.0, so we wanted to see how it matches up with a local Terminator. ONly got 2 runs in, first one the 5.0 didn't leave right away since he doesn't street race much, 2nd was a clean start but he didn't want to run it up very high in the MPH.

5.0- 2.3L TVS, 10psi, flowmaster mufflers, pump gas, Drag Radials
Cobra- built motor, 2.6L Kenne Bell, E85, 21 psi, Drag Radials

[video=youtube;ZKmLfCqR0lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKmLfCqR0lA[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKmLfCqR0lA

Don't forget to LIKE Bad Bowtie Productions on Facebook and SUBSCRIBE on YouTube for more!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Good race. I've always wondered what would come out on top between a twin screw 5.0 vs KB terminator but let's not open that can of worms. Oh and mystichrome FTW

WSsick

Established Member
I actually am going to try and line up this Cobra on spray and a similarly built 5.0. Both built motor, both on E85, both have spray, Cobra is the KB car, vs another TVS 5.0, but it's an auto. Should be an interesting race.

Rambro

Established Member
I actually am going to try and line up this Cobra on spray and a similarly built 5.0. Both built motor, both on E85, both have spray, Cobra is the KB car, vs another TVS 5.0, but it's an auto. Should be an interesting race.

Seems like the outcome won't be good for the cobra in that race. With the cobras mods I would have thought he would have done better against the low boost, pump gas 5.0

stangfreak

Established Member
Seems like the outcome won't be good for the cobra in that race. With the cobras mods I would have thought he would have done better against the low boost, pump gas 5.0

boosting a 5.0 is great. They become fast. Not sure of the motor specs on the cobra but to me, that cobra didnt impress me. The 2.6 kenne bell never impressed me as well. I never liked that blower for these cars. a tvs imo is a better blower than the 2.6 kb, 2.3 whipple.

The other race they want to setup I will give it to the coyote. much faster car with a built motor, tvs, and spray with auto. cobra will have no chance. good races guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread