TVS and a stockish motor

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Seeing what you guys think here....

Engine was rebuilt by the previous owner and now has close to 20k on it. I know its a stock block, stock crank, stock rods, and according to him the pistons were upgraded to manleys, but I cant really say for certain on that. Heads were decked and the head cooling mod was installed.

Currently the car has a ported eaton, 2.76 upper and 4lb lower, 60lb injectors, aeromotive pumps(according to previous owner), BBK x pipe, magnaflow CB, and JLT CAI. Its making 496whp and 510Tq ....Its not enough.

I have a Gen 1 TVS, plenum, Dragon TB, and a 2.76 pulley and 4lb lower I will be running with this blower. Ill be upgrading to a Fore level 2 return fuel system, ID1000s and running E85. Im assuming with that pulley setup I will be pushing 22psi.

You guys that have experience with the TVS think thats too much psi to push through a "stockish" 03 engine? Also what kind of power do you think I will be dealing with, i was assuming around 650whp?

cj428mach

Established Member
You can make 700 rwhp with low 20's psi. My car is basically stock the only upgrade it has is head studs and it's seen 22-23 psi. The car and I both love it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
OP you'll be fine. Plenty of guys push that and much more through stock motors. Good tune with no detonation or lean conditions will go a long way.

braindontstop31

Established Member
Seeing what you guys think here....

I have a Gen 1 TVS, plenum, Dragon TB, and a 2.76 pulley and 4lb lower I will be running with this blower. Ill be upgrading to a Fore level 2 return fuel system, ID1000s and running E85. Im assuming with that pulley setup I will be pushing 22psi.

You guys that have experience with the TVS think thats too much psi to push through a "stockish" 03 engine? Also what kind of power do you think I will be dealing with, i was assuming around 650whp?

You will probably run into belt slip with the 2.76 upper/4lb lower on the TVS. It happened to guy I know here in town. He ended up going 3"/4lb lower on E-85 with 680 whp on Mustang dyno.

Last edited:

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Only issue you could see is what happened to me. I stretched the stock head bolts and upgraded to arp studs.

Heads are already updated with ARP studs :banana: Only thing I am really unsure on is the pistons, I really hope they arent the stock zollners...

The pulley is actually a 2.8, I was mistaken as VMP doesnt make a 2.76 pulley.

Ill be running a gates greenback belt and see how it goes, I will switch to 3.0 upper if belt slip is too bad.

Anything else I should be looking at as far as upgrades?

04cobra88

Established Member
I run a 2.8 upper pulley with a stock lower pulley and stock ford belt running 18 -19 ilbs on my boost gauge zero belt slip gonna try a 2.6 but im expecting some slip

Users who are viewing this thread