tvs at 19lbs...meth or nitrous?

Sick SVT

Established Member
So I planned on getting a meth kit for my car mainly for the cooling factor but also to up the timing and boost a bit but have been kicking around the idea of a 50 or 75 shot instead. This is a stock short block car that's not a daily driver and sees mainly strip and car show cruises on the weekends. Any input on which direction to go?

gabe1530

Banned
imo, you would have more fun with the 75 shot since its only a random cruiser and strip car.
but if you wanted more power all the time, i would go with the meth setup. run a 5 gallon tank in the trunk, the window washer tank is too small and you will get tired of refilling it.

Black93Fox

Established Member
METH it's always there ready to go you just put your foot in it. With nitrous gotta have a bottle opener bottle heater go somewhere to refill the nitrous pretty sure it's more spendy then meth not sure though. I agree with the above do the 5 gallon tank with a quality kit an don't look back.

BadAzztt

Established Member
I run both and it depends on what you are looking for. Cooling with meth is limited on these cars because of the twin screw, it does add octane however so you can add timing. The nitrous will be a bigger kick but with 19lbs of boost already you should really only run with higher octane fuel. I pick up about 30-40HP on the meth over my standard 91 octane tune with 4 degrees more timing. I will be running 100 shot on race gas over my standard pump gas tune. So all depends on when you want/need it, if it's driving on the street the meth makes more sense, at the track run the nitrous for more kick.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Killer chiller

:??: The killer chiller is proven to keep iat2's down and keeping the ecu from pulling timing. But I don't see how this would help OP with increasing the timing and boost.

svtshadow

Banned
Contact a member by the user name MalcolmV8. Here is the one that I know runs meth in his terminator and has a a lot of knowledge about Terminators and meth.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Contact a member by the user name MalcolmV8. Here is the one that I know runs meth in his terminator and has a a lot of knowledge about Terminators and meth.

Ya I've already talked to him. Good dude. I have his lean control module. I had my mind made up on a meth kit with trunk reservoir but thought the nitrous might be more fun and give me more power. I dunno. Meth with smaller pulley and more timing or shot. Decisions decisions...

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
So I planned on getting a meth kit for my car mainly for the cooling factor but also to up the timing and boost a bit but have been kicking around the idea of a 50 or 75 shot instead.
Cooling ^

:??: The killer chiller is proven to keep iat2's down and keeping the ecu from pulling timing. But I don't see how this would help OP with increasing the timing and boost.

BMR Tech

If you have E85 in your area, I vote that over Meth.

I ran a 50 shot (dry) on my TVS combo. It ran it's ass off.

Personally, I am not a big fan of meth on a PD Blower car. Not sure why, I just don't like it.

If I was ever to do meth on a Cobra, I would plumb it into the lower intake, post cooler.

Sick SVT

Established Member
If you have E85 in your area, I vote that over Meth.

I ran a 50 shot (dry) on my TVS combo. It ran it's ass off.

Personally, I am not a big fan of meth on a PD Blower car. Not sure why, I just don't like it.

If I was ever to do meth on a Cobra, I would plumb it into the lower intake, post cooler.

Unfortunately I dont have e85 close to me otherwise it would already be done. I do have a torco plant a few mins from me though and have access to 108 race gas which I can throw in the mix. Why did you take the 50 shot off?

Sick SVT

Established Member
I believe nitrous and meth act as a different type of cooling than the killer chiller. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Your right by my reasoning. The killer chiller from what ive heard works well but im not going to increase boost/timing from the cooler air charge. I will get an octane increase from the meth which will allow me to add more boost/timing. The nitrous will also add direct power. Im not looking to get a killer chiller right now as I want the increase in power along with lower temps since this is mostly a track car. I will still probably go with a meth kit and pulley down. I will probably throw some race gas in there too and see what happens but thought the nitrous might be a little more fun.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Your right by my reasoning. The killer chiller from what ive heard works well but im not going to increase boost/timing from the cooler air charge. I will get an octane increase from the meth which will allow me to add more boost/timing. The nitrous will also add direct power. Im not looking to get a killer chiller right now as I want the increase in power along with lower temps since this is mostly a track car. I will still probably go with a meth kit and pulley down. I will probably throw some race gas in there too and see what happens but thought the nitrous might be a little more fun.

Cool thanks. I'm curious to see what route you go and the results!

BMR Tech

Unfortunately I dont have e85 close to me otherwise it would already be done. I do have a torco plant a few mins from me though and have access to 108 race gas which I can throw in the mix. Why did you take the 50 shot off?

I see.

I didn't take the 50 shot off. I sold the car a few weeks ago. lol

Honestly, If I lived out there....I would just order in drums of Ethanol Fuel. There are several companies who offer drums of E85 up to E98, E100 etc.....and the price per gallon is very good. Before we had E85 stations around us, most of the guys who wanted E-Fuel were ordering drums of E98.

http://www.igniteracingfuel.com/E-98.html

Enjoy! And remember, E98 + 75 shot......hold on for life. ;)

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
NOS with dedicated fuel system. Can run race fuel in the dedicated fuel system giving you the octane you need for the juice. That way there is no swapping tunes, ect. You are always making max power on and off the dope.

intermatic

Established Member
NOS with dedicated fuel system. Can run race fuel in the dedicated fuel system giving you the octane you need for the juice. That way there is no swapping tunes, ect. You are always making max power on and off the dope.

i believe nitrous express's SAFE kit does exactly this

Users who are viewing this thread