TVS finally installed!

torridgoat05

Established Member
well my TVS is finally on the car, this is an amazing blower guys..currently this kit is the only mod on my car besides the factory installed 373s and this thing is soooo stealth...i kind of wanted a little bit more of a whine but im still happy with the power that this kit has supplied, i have had nothing but an ear to ear smile since the install was finished.. cant wait to up the boost in a bit and see what this kit can really do...but for now im more than content..quick question anyone with a PD supercharger (preferably a roush) have any pics of a oil seperator installed on the car with the blower? will post up some track times when i make it over there..got to get some sticky tires and some suspension first

kevinp

Established Member
Congrats, wait until the cooler weather hits.

An open element air filter and a smaller pulley and you will hear the blower more, I like it quiet myself.

I have a JLT separator and I was just going to put it into the straight PCV line near the PCV valve and lay it on the coil cover. I never did it though, kind of lazy I guess :)

Last edited:

torridgoat05

Established Member
@kevinp...thanks for the idea, going to order one up..i will take some pics today ..thanks JLT, already looking into one of your intakes to pick it up a notch

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
When we do the Roush or FRPP blowers, we install a JLT seperator on the passenger PCV line between the PCV and the blower connection. Make sure you either use a hose clamp, or the same crimp style connectors that JLT uses on their plug n play seperators.

When you step up to the JLT intake for your Roush kit, you should pick up 1 to 1.5 lbs of boost. If you step the pulley down to our 74mm, switch over to the Ford Racing throttle body, you will really scream.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Nice! Can't wait! Just gotta get the wife and newborn home and through the sleepless nights and I'm thinking about doing it.

Does the jlt intake require a retune, or will it work with the roush calibration?

grnenvy

Established Member
Yo

Its awesome isn't it? :banana:
well my TVS is finally on the car, this is an amazing blower guys..currently this kit is the only mod on my car besides the factory installed 373s and this thing is soooo stealth...i kind of wanted a little bit more of a whine but im still happy with the power that this kit has supplied, i have had nothing but an ear to ear smile since the install was finished.. cant wait to up the boost in a bit and see what this kit can really do...but for now im more than content..quick question anyone with a PD supercharger (preferably a roush) have any pics of a oil seperator installed on the car with the blower? will post up some track times when i make it over there..got to get some sticky tires and some suspension first

goesquik

Established Member
+1 on the oil separator, I haven't figured out which one to buy from JLT yet.

Side note: I actually just came back from the dyno today with my TVS setup, ended up with 560/520 at the wheels :banana: at the wheels.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

Side note: I actually just came back from the dyno today with my TVS setup, ended up with 560/520 at the wheels :banana: at the wheels.

whos tune and boost level?

TBuick87

Established Member

That IS Good, seems like Most are right around 495-510, with the Stock Pulley
& Intake that is...

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Nice! Can't wait! Just gotta get the wife and newborn home and through the sleepless nights and I'm thinking about doing it.

Does the jlt intake require a retune, or will it work with the roush calibration?

Absolutely requires a retune for the different MAF housing size.

Even if you don't get a JLT intake, I would get a retune anyway. The Roush tune is good, but very conservative.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Chuck, what about something like:

Wife driving car, 105degress outside, Wife driving in 6th gear at 45 mph and floors it to pass a car or beat a red-light.

My thinking is that the roush tune would be safer for weird things that most if us wouldn't do like the above.

Users who are viewing this thread