TVS install---question

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Ok guys, I just bought a ford racing tvs blower from another member here a week or so ago and am about to install it:banana: but have a question. At the same time I am going to go with a heat exchanger w/ fans but what about the intercooler and the elbow? Is it worth the extra $800 for the upgraded ford racing intercooler since im already going to have the blower off and will the stock elbow work? It will have the 2.5 metco pulley on it, boost-a-pump, bigger throttle body so far so I just wanted to make sure I have everything before I start.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The elbow is worth it in my opinion, as for the inter cooler under the blower I wouldn't worry about it, the most important one is the one in the front bumper, plus the TVS doesn't heat soak as fast.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Ok guys, I just bought a ford racing tvs blower from another member here a week or so ago and am about to install it:banana: but have a question. At the same time I am going to go with a heat exchanger w/ fans but what about the intercooler and the elbow? Is it worth the extra $800 for the upgraded ford racing intercooler since im already going to have the blower off and will the stock elbow work? It will have the 2.5 metco pulley on it, boost-a-pump, bigger throttle body so far so I just wanted to make sure I have everything before I start.

Elbow yes.

VMP or AFCO Pro Series heat exchanger yes.

Intercooler no.

Give me a buzz if you'd like to discuss more.

bj

breoland

Established Member
I have a brand new LM plenum for sale...can see up to 20more rwhp depending on pulley combo and tb
Let me know if u r interested

Users who are viewing this thread