TVS with 2.8 upper and 4lb lower?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I've wondered about your boost gauge itself....are you sure it's zeroed out perfectly? Your track times and trap speeds seem to indicate more boost than 17 lol.

His traps seem dead on for the power and boost level. With a 3.0 upper and stock lower I was able to trap consistently right at 132, the car made right at 17 psi.

I think you will be pushing it with the 2.8/4# combo, but the only way to find out is to datalog at the track. Your IATs in 4th gear at the traps will tell the tale. If I had to guess if you log on the street by doing a single 4th gear pull you will be fine. My concern would be at the actual track when you are putting a load on the car all 4 gears. All of the mods you are doing will definitely help especially the E-85, the limiting factor on these cars is the small intercooler itself. You can only cool the charge so much. If I remember right Posi ran a 2.8/4# combo and his ran pretty strong. Keep us posted on how this turns out as I think you will have a solid mid 9 sec car when its all said and done!! Best of luck

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
His traps seem dead on for the power and boost level. With a 3.0 upper and stock lower I was able to trap consistently right at 132, the car made right at 17 psi.

I think you will be pushing it with the 2.8/4# combo, but the only way to find out is to datalog at the track. Your IATs in 4th gear at the traps will tell the tale. If I had to guess if you log on the street by doing a single 4th gear pull you will be fine. My concern would be at the actual track when you are putting a load on the car all 4 gears. All of the mods you are doing will definitely help especially the E-85, the limiting factor on these cars is the small intercooler itself. You can only cool the charge so much. If I remember right Posi ran a 2.8/4# combo and his ran pretty strong. Keep us posted on how this turns out as I think you will have a solid mid 9 sec car when its all said and done!! Best of luck
Thanks! Im going to play around with my current set up a few more times. Hoping I can get into a 10.4-10.5 as is. After my final build I think it can be a consistent upper 9 second street car.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Currently running a VMP with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower on E85. Still working through data logging and getting the tune lined out. Few passes I have made with it on the street my AIT temps get into the 140's at top of third. I need to wire up my map sensor so I can log boost. Car hits hard with the pulley combo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Currently running a VMP with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower on E85. Still working through data logging and getting the tune lined out. Few passes I have made with it on the street my AIT temps get into the 140's at top of third. I need to wire up my map sensor so I can log boost. Car hits hard with the pulley combo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Then there is the sensor location issue...

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I’m peaking at 16 psi, 3.0 upper, stock lower, ported heads, 1 3/4” headers necked down with a 2.5” catback. I’m almost at sea level at Newport News. I won’t have updated track times until spring but previously I run around 129-130ish MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread