Twice in one day.....

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I got into another street light match up later that same day in my K. This time was against a new 350Z. I didn't really want to race him, but after I heard him get on it.........

One of the same stop lights as the ricer before. I got over thinking I would be in front and next to a slow car, but no one was in front of him so we were lined up. I didnt' rev or anything. In fact, I was thumbin' through my Elvis CD. :rockon: Light turned green and we eased out. I didn't think he would do anything because he was a tad older (low 50s maybe) but he didn't like how I was staying nose to nose, because I heard him punch it. Well, so did I. To my surprise I got out ahead by almost a full car. I slammed into second and held my lead. BUT, she started acting up on me. For some reason right about 4500 RPMs she was stuttering on me. So I shifted into 3rd, by this time he had gained a little (I was ahead by about 1/2 a car, maybe). BUT, I got up to 4000 RPM and she started up again. So I backed off but he kept going. He ended up turning at the same spot that the ricer did. The jerkoff didn't even wait, he California stopped the intersection. I guess not everyone likes to chat about cars.

I dont' know if you would call it a wim or a loss. To me it was a tie. But if you ask me, I was VERY impressed with how my car held up. I know the 350Zs aren't much to the newer cars, being only low 14s, but my best time is only 14.9. I know if she was healthy I would have given him a better fight at the top end. All and All, I am very proud of my baby, and very UNimpressed with those $30K+ cars.

C.K.

Established Member
you have some great stories, most people i know don't like to talk about losses, and the cars that play with me, which are rare, never talk because i drive rice, but still, i would at least give you a thumbs up and talk, nice kill and sweet ride!

Last edited:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I got into another street light match up later that same day in my K. This time was against a new 350Z. I didn't really want to race him, but after I heard him get on it.........

One of the same stop lights as the ricer before. I got over thinking I would be in front and next to a slow car, but no one was in front of him so we were lined up. I didnt' rev or anything. In fact, I was thumbin' through my Elvis CD. :rockon: Light turned green and we eased out. I didn't think he would do anything because he was a tad older (low 50s maybe) but he didn't like how I was staying nose to nose, because I heard him punch it. Well, so did I. To my surprise I got out ahead by almost a full car. I slammed into second and held my lead. BUT, she started acting up on me. For some reason right about 4500 RPMs she was stuttering on me. So I shifted into 3rd, by this time he had gained a little (I was ahead by about 1/2 a car, maybe). BUT, I got up to 4000 RPM and she started up again. So I backed off but he kept going. He ended up turning at the same spot that the ricer did. The jerkoff didn't even wait, he California stopped the intersection. I guess not everyone likes to chat about cars.

I dont' know if you would call it a wim or a loss. To me it was a tie. But if you ask me, I was VERY impressed with how my car held up. I know the 350Zs aren't much to the newer cars, being only low 14s, but my best time is only 14.9. I know if she was healthy I would have given him a better fight at the top end. All and All, I am very proud of my baby, and very UNimpressed with those $30K+ cars.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread