Twin Screw in high altitude...

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
So... I've had the ported eaton on the car for quite a while now, but a 2.2 Kenne Bell for $2200 in the market caught my eye... now the car's going to be going under the knife... Here's my dilemma... I currently reside in Montana (military) and all they have here is 91 octane (boo)... but I think I will still be ok running 16-17 psi. Due to altitude I'm going to lose some boost, so I'm wondering what all you other "high altitude" guys are doing to compensate... should I pulley the blower for about 19psi and hope for the best? Also, what kind of boost are you guys with 2.2's running on 91 octane? HP levels? Thanks in advance...

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
You can go higher in boost because of the Altitude. You need to talk to my Tuner here in Colorado. RWR Rob Williams Racing he was very helpful in helping me understand all of the issues with altitude. There are tons of twin screw cars here in the Denver metro area that run 19 lbs on 91. I am at 17 lbs and car runs great no issues. Rob has tuned every Terminator in Colorado that I know of and most of the other Twins Screw Ford cars around that I know of.

Not sure what your altitude is but I lost about 5 lbs of boost bringing it from sea level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread